Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Godfather, Part II

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The Vito Corleone backstory is as good as the original. The follow on with Michael as the Don is a bit weak.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
IMHO it is, one of the few sequels to surpass the original film which was a masterpiece in its own right but Part 2 is exceptional.

I would go along with that it is easily a top 10 film of all time.

The final scenes are devastatingly good when Frankie pays for being a grass.

I liked Rocko as one of the support cast and the ever engaging John Cazale who died very young and in all 5 films he appeared in they were nominated for an Oscar which must be a record.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I liked Rocko as one of the support cast and the ever engaging John Cazale who died very young and in all 5 films he appeared in they were nominated for an Oscar which must be a record.

Was dying during the making of The Deer Hunter (never thought he looked well in it, but only found out about his condition at that time recently). Meryl Streep's other half at the time as well, what a time on set that must have been.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I would go along with that it is easily a top 10 film of all time.

The final scenes are devastating good when Frankie pays for being a grass.

I love John Cazale. Best of all for me in Dog Day Afternoon. Every ounce of tension happening underneath the action and the moody dialogue is all in his face and the lines of perspiration forming on it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here