Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you have a land line? How much do you use it ?

D

Deleted User X18H

Do you think the line rental is a waste of money?

I am beginning to. We never seem to use ours, or take a call on it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes we do but invariably hardly ever used which does make you wonder if required, however doesn't you broadband use this to get into the house ?

Dec 29, 2011
Yes we do but invariably hardly ever used which does make you wonder if required, however doesn't you broadband use this to get into the house ?

I think some companies don't make you pay line rental if you get broadband with them, or you could get fibre optic.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I have to have one to get Broadband in my place. In a previous flat I had Virgin Media Broadband, which doesn't require a landline. At £15 a month it's annoyingly expensive.

D

Deleted User X18H

I have to have one to get Broadband in my place. In a previous flat I had Virgin Media Broadband, which doesn't require a landline. At £15 a month it's annoyingly expensive.

I have Virgin broadband through a box with a blue light. Do I need the landline for that? Is it not a separate cable?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
broadband/ telephone anytime/TV .......talktalk=£40
is that cheap?
I have always thought so

through CABLE

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
You haven't thought this through have you? You would have to hand in your journo ramblings on sheets of paper. Or nip down to the Library every five minutes.
Having said that, I get free phone calls and if it wasn't for all my friends on the sub continent that ring me up with annoying frequency to try and sell me stuff, I wouldn't have any calls that couldn't be dealt with via mobile device. I just have to pay for the land-line for the internet, so the real cost of internet is plus land line.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013

I thought that as well,we are with BT as it`s the most reliable.Used some of the cheaper contracts but kept losing connection when playing poker.Does any one know if my assumptions are correct

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm pretty sure with Virgin you can ditch the landline. Give them a call.....

Only if you are using their fibre optic cable. If you use their adsl service you will need to keep the phone line as it uses the line to deliver the Internet connection to your house. I am sure the OP is on cable though from what he has posted.

Unfortunately we don't have a choice as we are in a non cabled area so need the phone line for our sky broadband.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Apparently i can use my mobile as a router using something called NFC Technology for broadband to my laptop-but i might be wrong...

Perhaps somebody more technical can confirm or rubbish this?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I'm pretty sure with Virgin you can ditch the landline. Give them a call.....

Only if you are using their fibre optic cable. If you use their adsl service you will need to keep the phone line as it uses the line to deliver the Internet connection to your house. I am sure the OP is on cable though from what he has posted.

Unfortunately we don't have a choice as we are in a non cabled area so need the phone line for our sky broadband.

From memory you can choose not to have the phone line but only if you select the medium or large tv package?

D

Deleted User X18H

Yeah I am on cable. Thought I am sure it mentions fibre oiptic somewhere. Makes sense though I suppose re phone line. It all started with dial up.

D

Deleted User X18H

From memory you can choose not to have the phone line but only if you select the medium or large tv package?

Yeah I have the large package.......ahem. No seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here