Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cover Versons

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
Just heard Johnny Thunders cover version of Mighty Wahs Can't put your arms around a memory on Radio 6. Original was sad and lovely. This version sounds rough. Best or Worst covers?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
'Mr Tambourine Man' by William Shatner. Triffick. :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just heard Johnny Thunders cover version of Mighty Wahs Can't put your arms around a memory on Radio 6. Original was sad and lovely. This version sounds rough. Best or Worst covers?

Bizarre. I was listening to this in Berlin. But it's a Thunders original not a cover.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

STEWARD'S ENQUIRY!!!!

It was written by Johnny Thunders and covered by the mighty wah.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In all these years I always thought it was written by pete Wylie. Thank you for putting me right. The Wah version is magnificent iy yiou've not heard it. Now becomes one of my favourite cover versions.

Ha ha. No worries. I like to think I'm reasonably informed about music but I have made similar faux pas. I will check out The Wah version. I must admit to not knowing much about their music other than The Story of The Blues and that rather amusing song about Thatcher.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don Henley's version of the Warren Zevon song

[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=a0zLFVA4aSA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Da0z LFVA4aSA[/video]

And the original

[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RVuXq0dyb90&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DRVu Xq0dyb90[/video]

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The Dimming of the Day by Bonnie Raitt is the most glorious cover version of the Richard Thompson song.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Linda Ronstadt's cover of 'Willin' by Little Feat is also a good one.

The Dimming of the Day by Bonnie Raitt is the most glorious cover version of the Richard Thompson song.

Bizzare, but good is the Richard Thompson cover of "Oops, I did it again" originally by Britney Spears. The man is a god like genius, live on BBC3 or 4 on Friday night last.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here