Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Immigrants must wait for "years" before entitlement to public housing...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Just watching this...is this right? I thought council housing was allocated on the basis of need? Surely this is just blatant discrimination?

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
I guess you're fishing but I just can't resist -

GOOD, about bloody time we gave our own homeless somewhere to live before worrying about everyone elses.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Just watching this...is this right? I thought council housing was allocated on the basis of need? Surely this is just blatant discrimination?

Sounds absolutely right to me! The handfull who are true asylum seekers, at risk to their lives in their own country, should be given housing. The rest are just economic migrants, and if they cannot find private sector housing should be deported.

D

Deleted member 22389

Sounds absolutely right to me! The handfull who are true asylum seekers, at risk to their lives in their own country, should be given housing. The rest are just economic migrants, and if they cannot find private sector housing should be deported.

Exactly. They shouldn't be able to get to this country in the first place. This has been the problem with mass immigration from the day one. whether they can enforce it is another issue. The EU will probably stick their nose in and say it is against their human rights.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Housing and all benefits should be allocated according to contribution. Someone who has payed in for years should be treated better than someone who has just rocked up.
[MENTION=5076]Bevendean Hillbilly[/MENTION]...fishing trip surely?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
But surely they just go to the private sector then costing us more in benefits.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I guess you're fishing but I just can't resist -

GOOD, about bloody time we gave our own homeless somewhere to live before worrying about everyone elses.

Agree with you 100% .... I'm sure we would be given everything anywhere else >... NOT
Why should they go above anybody here for entitlement, EX Armed services should get 1st dibs

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK

Fairness not discrimination. If I moved to another country I most certainly would not want preferential treatment over residents of said country. I would expect them to be catered for before me. No difference here.

TNBA

TTF

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Charity begins at home. Something that has been lost in this country for all to long. Look after your own, long before looking after someone else's problems. They shouldn't even be here in the first place, let alone jumping the queue for hand outs.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Those seeking asylum here should be interned in facilities, 3 hots and a cot and that's their lot. If they are telling truth about how grim life is back in their homeland they'll appreciate any protection we offer. They've got 1 month to prove their case or they can feck off. I'm a lefty tosser in most things but it really is time we got our natives sorted out. Children in UK in the 21st century cannot afford food or housing. **** the immigrants for now, get our kids a bloody bed and get them fed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's total unworkable bullshit. Where are these people going to stay in the meantime? Some kind of mega-refugee camp the size of Wales? ???

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It's total unworkable bullshit. Where are these people going to stay in the meantime? Some kind of mega-refugee camp the size of Wales? ???

Strange analysis, where do you expect those displaced by those immigrants are going to live ? Some kinda mega-refugee camp the size of Wales ???

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Those seeking asylum here should be interned in facilities, 3 hots and a cot and that's their lot. If they are telling truth about how grim life is back in their homeland they'll appreciate any protection we offer. They've got 1 month to prove their case or they can feck off. I'm a lefty tosser in most things but it really is time we got our natives sorted out. Children in UK in the 21st century cannot afford food or housing. **** the immigrants for now, get our kids a bloody bed and get them fed.

See [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION], something we agree on---it can be done-----I'm a right wing tosser in most things btw :blush:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here