Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I want to shine at The Amex [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]I want to shine at The Amex[/h]8:00am Sunday 24th March 2013 in Albion By Mike Legg
2381696.jpg
Tom Carroll, left of picture, in action for Tottenham
Tom Carroll hopes for another chance to impress for England under-21s when they take on Austria at The Amex tomorrow.
The Tottenham midfielder made his England under-21 debut as a second-half substitute in Thursday’s 3-0 friendly win over Romania.
And he is hoping for another taste of the action as he bids to be part of manager Stuart Pearce’s plans for this summer’s European Championships.
Carroll, 20, said: “I have been training well so it would be nice to get some more game-time.
“There are a few of the lads who are looking to impress and Monday is a good chance to do that.”
It will not be Carroll’s first experience of Albion’s home as he came on as a substitute for Derby in their 2-0 defeat on the South Coast last season.
Carroll said: “I played there last season when I was on loan at Derby. It’s a great stadium and there was a big crowd.
“I can’t wait to play in Brighton again. It’s a nice new ground and there should be about 17,000 there, which will be a great experience for us.”
More than 17,000 tickets have been sold for England’s last game on home soil before the Euros.
Tickets remain on sale over the weekend via seagulls.co.uk, by calling 0844 327 1901 and in person from the club’s ticket offices in Queen’s Road, Brighton or at The Amex.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here