Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus' promise

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Before all the Reading stuff, Gus stated that we would definitely have a loan striker before the Forest game.

So ....will he deliver and will they be any better than Billy 'barndoor' Paynter?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Did he? i thought it was more a case that he expects to have-not what i call a promise

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If they are no better than Billy Paynter, then he should save his money. Which he will if he cannot find anyone of decent quality.

I think we can't take the gamble-a striker is a striker just get a body/body's in...........if they only score 1 goal it could be the one that counts..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
gotta be a prem loan or not bother........give toby a run.............becchio standard or above ...imho.

I disagree-what if Ulloa gets injured,we cannot afford not to get Somebody in,if we cant get the strikers get some wingers in we could adjust and play wingers up front.we need options.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
To be honest I don't think so. Why? Because Gus is too preoccupied with looking after his chickens nowadays that he can't go find a striker. In fact, I heard that pretty soon he would be buying a pet Zebra, but that could be a rumour tbh, but hey, stranger things have happened.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I disagree-what if Ulloa gets injured,we cannot afford not to get Somebody in,if we cant get the strikers get some wingers in we could adjust and play wingers up front.we need options.

yeh....so we need a QUALITY striker like becchio or charlie austin........... no point in dragging in a carcass for target practice is there..??.oh no hold on ,we'll just see if forest will loan us henderson or perhaps rhodes from blackburn or maybe woods would like to come over from leicester although he hasn't scored for about 6 weeks..............since i put him in my dream team actually ...kiwi twatt.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You people saying give Toby a run have obviously not seen him play because if you had you would realise that he is a million miles from being able to take over if Ulloa was injured. The only answer to our problem is a loan signing. preferably experienced or young from a 'big' club.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Agents under the heraldship of their premier club player's owners will be telephoning like mad this week as their chances of any play until the season's out dwindle. Managers will have made the decision that certain players have no future there when the season's over, so on your bike son and find somewhere else you can settle, they'll say and we'll quickly pick up the shattered pieces. Look at West Ham, for instance, who already say they are in talks with an amazing striker which means someone will be on their way and shan't be needed until the end of the season either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here