Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England U21s Ticket sales Failure

TWO TRIBES

Jul 15, 2012
HERSTMONCEUX
Why was it such hard work to buy tickets for Mondays England game at the Amex. The club have been advertising the match at every opportunity quite rightly trying to fill the ground and when you go on line to buy 5 tickets to introduce some of your family and friends to the Amex experience you can only buy one ticket.You then get on the phone to find that you are number 27 in the queue, time is running out its Saturday morning so you drive 25 Miles to the Amex to find one member of staff on the ticketing desk.An hour and a half later after waiting in the slowest queue ever I leave with my tickets.I hear you ask why did you not buy your tickets earlier , well I was like many others waiting for better tickets to become available hopefully in the upper tiers.why not sell the best tickets first and make it easy.....

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Email Barber,this is the sort of thing he should know about.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Tickets are loaded onto your smart card season ticket if you have one

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Am going down to club shop tomoz in the vain hope of the upper tiers being open for sale where I'll be met by a queue of 10,000 others demanding their upper tier rights are recognised. Failing that we'll all be scrabbling for the remaining 34 lower tier tickets.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As an addendum to the above, if the lower tiers finally sell out late tomorrow and people then go in asking for tickets are they going to be told it's sold out and no tickets are available, or are they going to be faced with opening the upper tiers for a few hundred people?

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
In the same boat. Am taking friends but was waiting as fancied a game in east upper. Looks like that isn't happening. i live 80 miles from ground so will have to spend a loooong time on the phone tomorrow. My own fault, just a shame they didn't open the whole ground asi think we may have sold a lot more.

Does anyone know if the ticket line is running today?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Who pays for the stewarding and other costs? If is the club then they won't want to fork out £1,000's to open the upper tiers when they can squeeze everybody into the lower ones.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think the club under estimated how many fans would have liked to try the WSU and did not want to open it for a few hundred due to staff costs. That was what I was told when I rang Friday.:drama:

TWO TRIBES

Jul 15, 2012
HERSTMONCEUX
As an addendum to the above, if the lower tiers finally sell out late tomorrow and people then go in asking for tickets are they going to be told it's sold out and no tickets are available, or are they going to be faced with opening the upper tiers for a few hundred people?

Well said...My point exactly the ticket sales strategy has failed the club the fans and most of all the chance of getting a 25000 gate for an u21 England match.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Would have gone if an upper was on sale. I'd imagine the FA need to make the decision due to increased costs to open upper tier.

TWO TRIBES

Jul 15, 2012
HERSTMONCEUX
That point is clearly understood but why not sell the upper tiers first where it appears that everyone wants to sit , its not like other games where a club doesn't want to see empty seats in the lower tiers because it looks bad on the telly
This isn't a club game and its not televised.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
That point is clearly understood but why not sell the upper tiers first where it appears that everyone wants to sit , its not like other games where a club doesn't want to see empty seats in the lower tiers because it looks bad on the telly
This isn't a club game and its not televised.

Annoying as it maybe it's clearly down to the staffing costs. I would guess it's too late to open much more of the ground on the basis they would have to bring in extra staff at last minute.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
You all fail to note that this is game is an ENGLAND match & that the FA could well de dictating ticketing policy with their own agenda for example : fans packed in creating atmosphere or looking fuller on TV than it would if West Upper was open

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
We were waiting for the upper tiers as well but gave up so in the South stand.

TWO TRIBES

Jul 15, 2012
HERSTMONCEUX
You all fail to note that this is game is an ENGLAND match & that the FA could well de dictating ticketing policy with their own agenda for example : fans packed in creating atmosphere or looking fuller on TV than it would if West Upper was open

Even if that's the case it still doesn't explain the poor service when trying to buy tickets

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Is the right answer and if everyone moans loud enough it may be the last U21 game at the Amex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here