Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hereford

Jan 30, 2008
that game!!, went down on a coach, heard plenty went down on the train via Newport , went to ledbury before the game for a beer up, it kicked off before the game and after by the market , anyone confirm this as our coach arrived just before kick off outside the ground and picked us up at the same place,ended up in ledbury again, OB stopping people from staying in the town, not a piss take ,just after genuine accounts of the day :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Why were we playing Hereford? I thought there was an international break, they are not in the same division as us and the last time we played them was years ago and it was really important then. Have I missed something?

Jan 30, 2008
Why were we playing Hereford? I thought there was an international break, they are not in the same division as us and the last time we played them was years ago and it was really important then. Have I missed something?

Were you there?
regards
DR

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I assume this was the main game not the FAC tie the following season-

Went by minibus,15 mile alcohol exclusion zone around the town for Brighton fans? i recall...

Seem to remember looking over the wall to outside of the ground and there were 100's locked outside,talk of the day was hammers and chelsea were in town to go against cardiff?

nearly had to get out of minibus on way out of town after game,to defend ourselves but the traffic lights changed.

rushed to a tv screen to see the highlights through a yeovil pub window on the way back to brighton,and it nearly kicked off with bouncers as the thought we were going to steam the pub,we were passing and only wanted to see what we thought would be goals.

never going again,the journey seemed to take forever.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Were you there?
regards
DR

No. I didn't realise we were playing them. Was it a friendly for the development squad or something? Last time I saw us play Hereford was May 3 1997 when our football league survival depended on it. I think we drew but still ended up winning or something. Can't remember that clearly. Mind you it was 16 years ago and i'd had a few drinks that day.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I was rat arsed in Singapore. I bought a round for everyone in the bar, Muddy Murphy's in Orchard Road. Ended up teaching a bunch of pissed Assies the words to GOSBTS. What a night.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I assume this was the main game not the FAC tie the following season-

Went by minibus,15 mile alcohol exclusion zone around the town for Brighton fans? i recall...

Seem to remember looking over the wall to outside of the ground and there were 100's locked outside,talk of the day was hammers and chelsea were in town to go against cardiff?

nearly had to get out of minibus on way out of town after game,to defend ourselves but the traffic lights changed.

rushed to a tv screen to see the highlights through a yeovil pub window on the way back to brighton,and it nearly kicked off with bouncers as the thought we were going to steam the pub,we were passing and only wanted to see what we thought would be goals.

never going again,the journey seemed to take forever.
Not surprised if you went via Yeovil.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Scenic route?

Something like that,but i seem to think we were dropping somebody off down near the new forest area or something,thing is don't recall going that way in the morning,it's all a bit of a blur.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton

Development squad, mind you, I've never known a game to attract such interest- you'd have thought it was a life or death scenario...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Yes, you've clearly missed several other games against them since then...

aldershot village

Jan 22, 2013
A pleasent few pint's in The Air Balloon ,stopping in a field for a call of nature and getting chased by 1 irate farmer .Watching ex Shot Robbie scoring and thinking how easy it was to obtain 8 ticket's for the away end.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Can't remember very much got home Sunday in an AA van others got a Taxi Back from Reading. We blamed our driver he blew the engine up he was a Palace Fan.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can't remember very much got home Sunday in an AA van others got a Taxi Back from Reading. We blamed our driver he blew the engine up he was a Palace Fan.

I was in that minibus too. £130 that taxi cost us! Can't remember much about the day at all.

Jan 30, 2008
our coach driver was sound ,used to drive some of the Chelsea lads coaches , kept giving him a few notes and he would take us where we wanted to go, ended up in Cheltenham after the game and watched the boxing , coach over heated in the services just outside Brighton, good day though :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here