Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Forest.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I know its a while off.......anyway here goes.......

Kuszczak

Calderon~Greer~Upson~Bridge

Bridcutt

Buckley~Spanish Dave~Orlandi~Lualua

Spanish Len​

Subs: Ankergren, El-Abd, Hammond, Vicente, Your Mum, Barker, Dicker.

I thought two wingers feeding Ulloa worked reasonably well last week, why not try it at Forest. Please let Harding play.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
el Abd is suspended and my mum would need heavenly intervention to make the bench.

I agree with the pruncioal of attacking though as Forest will surely score a couple at least so we need 2 or 3

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Same team shirley? Maybe Vicente ahead of LuaLua but he does seem to have more impact off the bench.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I presume 'Your Mum' is code for Loan Striker ??? :lolol:

That being the case, your team selection, but Crofts on the bench rather than Barker, and Dunk for ElAbd.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Same team for Charlton as we had for Palace.

I can't see Gus thinking that's an away team too.

I'd expect to see Hammond/Crofts coming in, for a wide man.
It's not like a point would be the end of the world.

The issue is what happens if we were to go a goal down, reasonably early.

Gus will then take H/C out but bring on Dicker, then with 10 mins to go swap which ever winger for the other one :shootself:.

There's not enough of the season left for googling about.
Gus has shown us PLAN B - codenamed Palace. Blooming well use it.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Kuszack/Ankergren

Calde
Greer
Upson
Bridge

Bridcutt
Hammond

Dave
Vicente
Lua Lua

Ulloa

Ankergren/Brez, Dunk, Painter, Crofts,Orlandi,Buckley,Barker

Last edited:

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Please keep same team Gus as palace, I still think palace didnt have a bad day and team chosen worked well and took them to the cleaners..

Hope same happens to forest :ascarf:

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Same team shirley? Maybe Vicente ahead of LuaLua but he does seem to have more impact off the bench.
No way Vicente should start, what has he done to warrant a starting place, especially over Lua Lua who had a blinder last week. I wouldn't like to see it happen but Buckley is the man out of touch at the moment so if any change was made then that would be it.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I would expect Billy Davies to think we're going to field a cautious line-up. Would like to see Poyet really go for it from the off and catch them off guard. I'd absolutely love us to come from behind and win a game for the first time in a long while. If we did that at the City Ground, taking into consideration their recent run of form, that would stand us in good stead for the remainder of the season. He should go with the same line-up that put Palace to the sword last Sunday. No regrets.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Same team for Charlton as we had for Palace.

I can't see Gus thinking that's an away team too.

I'd expect to see Hammond/Crofts coming in, for a wide man.
It's not like a point would be the end of the world.

The issue is what happens if we were to go a goal down, reasonably early.

Gus will then take H/C out but bring on Dicker, then with 10 mins to go swap which ever winger for the other one :shootself:.

There's not enough of the season left for googling about.
Gus has shown us PLAN B - codenamed Palace. Blooming well use it.

This is all completely spot on. Be VERY shocked if Gus started 2 wingers away from home - and I think he could be right there.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Forest have got a very good player in midfield in Adlène Guedioura so we are going to have to be very careful. I think he is probably better than Koren. He would proably get in the Albion team.

I think we might have to try and play our passing game and not let him get the ball. We might see Crofts or Hammond instead of Lualua. David Lopez looks a certain starter rather than Vicente. But I would be inclined to include Vicente from the start for his extra pace ???

Tricky game. A draw would be a very good result.

I though Palace didn't have a bad first 40 minutes, but I expected them to edge the first half and we would come stronger in the second. Same at Forest. We will struggle to get anything in the first half.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Kuszack/Ankergren

Calde
Greer
Upson
Bridge

Bridcutt
Hammond

Dave
Vicente
Lua Lua

Ulloa

Ankergren/Brez, Dunk, Painter, Crofts,Orlandi,Buckley,Barker

For a minute there I thought you were suggesting dropping TK, then remembered his bad back! Apparently should be fit by Saturday!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Same team. They contained Palace's strong attack and, unless Bridcutt plays a part for the Jocks this week, they will have all had 13 days off; there's no need to change it.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It's got to be the same team. If we revert to a more cautious team we will be inviting pressure against an in form Forest side and I can see us being on the back foot from the first minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here