Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there really no thread on Littlejohn's latest bullying outrage?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The British media were all over two Australian DJs when that nurse committed suicide following their prank phone call. Oddly they don't seem to be devoting the same level of attention to this story, for some reason.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The petition is a bit premature, if only because the cause of death has not been established.

Also the Guardian blogger says
But, sticking to the facts, it is important to note that there is no clear link – indeed any link – between what Littlejohn wrote and the death of Lucy Meadows.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The petition is a bit premature, if only because the cause of death has not been established.

Also the Guardian blogger says

The world will be a nicer place without Littlejohn's views.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Probably the only time i have ever agreed with a Littlejohn column. As he said, the teachers sex reassignment must have been very confusing for a bunch of 4 - 11 year old kids. He did not condemn the act, just suggested that it would be easier all round if they were unaware of it.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
That has ended up in a tragic suicide.

Daily Mail urged to fire Richard Littlejohn after death of Lucy Meadows | Media | guardian.co.uk

So do the right thing & sign this

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/the-daily-mail-fire-richard-littlejohn-for-victimizing-lucy-meadows-leading-to-her-possible-suicide

Why is it that Transphobia is becoming more prevalent in the press? Anything to do with the bigots not being able to pick on gays & blacks anymore?

You can't blame him for that,

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Probably the only time i have ever agreed with a Littlejohn column. As he said, the teachers sex reassignment must have been very confusing for a bunch of 4 - 11 year old kids. He did not condemn the act, just suggested that it would be easier all round if they were unaware of it.

This 100 %

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

This is a direct quote. "Nathan Upton is entitled to his gender reassignment surgery, but he isn’t entitled to project his personal problems on to impressionable young children." That statement is clearly transphobic. He is describing someones gender identity as a "personal problem." I'd rather have Miss Meadows teach my kids than Richard Littlejohn, that's for sure.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton

Regardless of that, to effectively name and shame someone is the issue here. And the c**t knew he was doing that.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
As usual he does have a point, it's just put across in an odious manner. As usual. As much as I loathe him you cannot apportion blame for the death, can you? Situations like this are never that simple.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If anything whoever decided that this nasty opinion should be published is to blame, Littlejohn just puts his vile thoughts on paper, the Mail prints them.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I've no doubt that Littlejohn is a complete arse but i don't agree with this whole witch hunt mentality which exists nowadays.

He's paid by a tabloid newspaper to give opinions on various issues going on in society. To say he thought it best for Lucy Meadow's to consider leaving a school and to restart at another school shortly after her sex change doesn't seem that unreasonable, taking into consideration the school children at the school where she taught and the definite confusion that would have followed.

It's terrible when somebody commits suicide(allegedly at this stage). We shouldn't always be looking for somebody to hang in these kinds of situations. Sad as it is.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
What is also at issue here is the notion that somehow kids can't take in stuff 'out of the ordinary'.

I have been in a civil partnership for 6 years, it is our anniversary today. There were a number of youngsters at our ceremony, whom the parents chose to bring along.

None of those youngsters were alarmed or shocked when the two grooms kissed. This is simply because they are not taught prejudice.

Kids find it easier to take on diversity issues than most Daily Mail readers,...

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
What is also at issue here is the notion that somehow kids can't take in stuff 'out of the ordinary'.

I have been in a civil partnership for 6 years, it is our anniversary today. There were a number of youngsters at our ceremony, whom the parents chose to bring along.

None of those youngsters were alarmed or shocked when the two grooms kissed. This is simply because they are not taught prejudice.

Kids find it easier to take on diversity issues than most Daily Mail readers,...

Congratulations to you and your partner. I couldn't agree with your point more. I can't stand this "What about the children?" bullshit. At best it's lazy parenting, at worst it's just an excuse for bigotry.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

My experience of working in school, is that children will often mirror their parents prejudice. Children tend to only repeat what they hear at home. As much as we educate children, unfortunately their parents also have a massive input and responsibility to help schools, and they are not always willing to do that.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Congratulations to you and your partner. I couldn't agree with your point more. I can't stand this "What about the children?" bullshit. At best it's lazy parenting, at worst it's just an excuse for bigotry.

....although he forgot..... :ffsparr:

The upside being I don't have to make dinner now !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here