Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Town put up for sale!!!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
On the face of it, it doesn't look great for Crawley. Perhaps the owners have realised that there is just not the level of pent-up support in that area.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Good luck to them, debt free makes them a good little play thing for a rich local buisness man. Maybe Mr Bloom could buy them and they could be our development squad !

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Will be a lot of interest in Crawley I'd imagine, despite what people say on here their crowds are respecstble, have Zero debt and a very supportive local council. If someone invests in a new stadium with non match day facilities they will thrive and are easily capable of pushing for 10k averages. Good luck to them

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
On the face of it, it doesn't look great for Crawley. Perhaps the owners have realised that there is just not the level of pent-up support in that area.

They average over 3.5k which is low granted but have climbed the leagues quickly and the crowds are yet to catch up. With a modest investment on the pitch and infrastructure improvements they will continue to grow, Crawley is a big town with a growing population.

I dont get the bitterness, they are never going to impact on our fan base and will always be a relatively small club why not support a fellow county club even if Crawley is seen as the arse of Sussex.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
I know a few die hard Crawley fans, they go once a month because £20 a game is to much for them..

Support like that don't help, also stadium is rented off council I think and not actually the clubs stadium!

Can't be nice for Crawley now, high hopes last year on team and then they sold there good players and now owners are off

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
They average over 3.5k which is low granted but have climbed the leagues quickly and the crowds are yet to catch up. With a modest investment on the pitch and infrastructure improvements they will continue to grow, Crawley is a big town with a growing population.

I dont get the bitterness, they are never going to impact on our fan base and will always be a relatively small club why not support a fellow county club even if Crawley is seen as the arse of Sussex.

They have had a modest investment on the pitch. They have been very lucky with cup runs in the last couple of years. Now the owners have had enough and are selling off there best players.

You remember when they spent something like 125k on just one player in the conference? For a tiny club they have spent a considerable sum of money to get where they are.It's now catching up on them.

Sadly Crawley is full of plastic supporters. It's rare to see a Crawley top being worn. I should know as i've lived here for over 15 years.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I know a few die hard Crawley fans, they go once a month because £20 a game is to much for them..

Support like that don't help, also stadium is rented off council I think and not actually the clubs stadium!

Can't be nice for Crawley now, high hopes last year on team and then they sold there good players and now owners are off

Die hard fans who think £20 is to much for league 1 football? We were paying more than that at Withers.

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Are they debt free i.e does the club stand on its own two feet revenue wise ,in tickets sales, merchandise and advertising equaling players wages and costs of running of the club

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Sadly (for them) their arrival in the big time coincided with a £100 million pound stadium opening 20 miles down the road. However, I would have thought League Football is more than sustainable with some prudent financial management.

Good luck to them.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Die hard fans who think £20 is to much for league 1 football? We were paying more than that at Withers.

I paid £16 for a standing ticket this week at Barnet v Fleetwood and £20 a fortnight or so ago at Cowdenbeath v Partick Thistle, so £20 seems far to watch league 1 football,

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Sussex, or London? It's a real needle they have to thread. They're maybe closer in miles to Brighton than London, but to all intents and purposes, they're located in a London suburb. Hell, to the big world, Gatwick's synonymous with London, and it's in Crawley. They're not really a London club, despite being stuck like a tick in the London suburbs. And there's probably too much, or perilously close to too much, London football as it it. How many League teams are there inside the M25? How many of them hang by a thread?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sadly (for them) their arrival in the big time coincided with a £100 million pound stadium opening 20 miles down the road. However, I would have thought League Football is more than sustainable with some prudent financial management.

Good luck to them.

Exactly, if we'd still been at Withdean in League One they would probably have picked up quite a few of the additional 20 odd thousand that now go to the Amex

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Sussex, or London? It's a real needle they have to thread. They're maybe closer in miles to Brighton than London, but to all intents and purposes, they're located in a London suburb. Hell, to the big world, Gatwick's synonymous with London, and it's in Crawley. They're not really a London club, despite being stuck like a tick in the London suburbs. And there's probably too much, or perilously close to too much, London football as it it. How many League teams are there inside the M25? How many of them hang by a thread?
How in Gods name is Crawley a London Borough ? You do realise there's an entire county between Crawley and London ? Ridiculous statement.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Will be a lot of interest in Crawley I'd imagine, despite what people say on here their crowds are respecstble, have Zero debt and a very supportive local council. If someone invests in a new stadium with non match day facilities they will thrive and are easily capable of pushing for 10k averages. Good luck to them

They average about 3000 in League One, have a capacity of nearly 6000, and bar and social facilities already at the stadium - what investment are you talking about that is suddenly going to treble their gates and make them thrive!? Where are they going to get the money for it? The owners are selling for a reason, and it's because they've realised, like a house in a particularly area, no matter how much you tart it up, how big you make it, it will reach a ceiling for that area.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
How in Gods name is Crawley a London Borough ? You do realise there's an entire county between Crawley and London ? Ridiculous statement.
That isn't what he was saying. Think you need to read his post again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here