Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's decision was a no-brainer says former Albion boss [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Poyet's decision was a no-brainer says former Albion boss[/h]9:00am Saturday 23rd March 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2199921.jpg
Gus Poyet has been backed to take Albion back to the top flight
Gus Poyet has been backed to help Albion emulate the class of 1979 – after making the “no-brainer” of a decision to stay at the club.
The Seagulls boss ended two days of reports that he was considering a move to Reading when he confirmed on Thursday he was staying at The Amex.
He will return after the international break with sights firmly set on a Championship play-off spot and possibly a second promotion in three seasons.
Former Albion boss Brian Horton skippered the side which reached the top flight 34 years ago.
He is convinced the Seagulls are well placed to scale those heights again with the Uruguayan at the helm.
Horton said: “I don’t know if Gus was offered the job at Reading but I can’t see any point in leaving Brighton now. For me, in that situation, it’s an absolute no-brainer.
“Why would you want to leave Brighton at this present time with everything that is going in at that football club? Everything is positive.”
Albion midfielder Liam Bridcutt was left out of the Scotland side that suffered a 2-1 loss to Wales last night in their World Cup qualifier.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here