Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The private thoughts of Chairman Gus - March 18th 2013

Mar 22, 2013
" No game this week, time to make my play. Must do something to keep Roman interested. Mama mia, let’s wind up another Russian Billionaire. That should keep the pot boiling until Rafa leaves. How should I test the water? Reading – desperate, deep pockets, good Tapas. Big enough to make my play look credible. Wouldn’t be tempted even if they offered me the job. Yes, that’s the move. Tony’s been a bit tight fisted recently – time to give him a gentle prod - he’s not the only game in town. And the players, yes our lads in blue and white, they need reminding I’m a true God – I can see the dressing room now, my boys, Spanish Dave, mis guerreros españoles – “I stayed for you and our dreams of glory together” And one for Leo “Me alojé por usted y nuestros sueños de gloria junto” They will respect me more, they will fight harder. The fans will sing “Gus Poyet’s Blue Army” louder and longer, my name will strike fear into the enemy. I’m a celebrity football manager and I do it all because ….I can”.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I'm going to a birthday party today

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I've got a mole.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Snowing in Essex. I keep thinking Its Tuesday.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Isn't it time we had a cupcake recipe on here?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
" No game this week, time to make my play. Must do something to keep Roman interested. Mama mia, let’s wind up another Russian Billionaire. That should keep the pot boiling until Rafa leaves. How should I test the water? Reading – desperate, deep pockets, good Tapas. Big enough to make my play look credible. Wouldn’t be tempted even if they offered me the job. Yes, that’s the move. Tony’s been a bit tight fisted recently – time to give him a gentle prod - he’s not the only game in town. And the players, yes our lads in blue and white, they need reminding I’m a true God – I can see the dressing room now, my boys, Spanish Dave, mis guerreros españoles – “I stayed for you and our dreams of glory together” And one for Leo “Me alojé por usted y nuestros sueños de gloria junto” They will respect me more, they will fight harder. The fans will sing “Gus Poyet’s Blue Army” louder and longer, my name will strike fear into the enemy. I’m a celebrity football manager and I do it all because ….I can”.

To be fair to the OP I've seen worse first posts than that on here.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Isn't it time we had a cupcake recipe on here?

From Nigella

Ingredients
125 gram(s) self-raising flour
125 gram(s) caster sugar
125 gram(s) unsalted butter soft
2 medium egg(s)
½ teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
2 tablespoon(s) milk
1 packet(s) instant royal icing
1 splash of food colouring (for preference colour pastes)
1 cake decoration(s) (wafer roses, sugar flowers, dolly mixtures and sprinkles)

Method
1.Preheat the oven to 200C and line the tin with the muffin cases.
2.It couldn't be simpler to make cup cakes: just put all the ingredients except for the milk in the processor and then blitz till smooth.
3.Pulse while adding milk, to make for a soft, dropping consistency, down the funnel. Or using a bowl and wooden spoon, cream the butter and sugar, beat in the eggs one at a time with a little of the flour.
4.Then add the vanilla extract and fold in the rest of the flour, adding the milk to get the dropping consistency as before.
5.I know it looks as if you'll never make this scant mixture fit 12 bun cases, but you will. I promise you this mixture is exactly right to make the 12 cup cakes, so just spoon and scrape the stuff in, trying to fill each case equally, judging by eye only of course.
6.Put in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cup cakes are cooked and golden on top. As soon as bearable, take the cup cakes in their cases out of the tin and let cool, right way up, on a wire rack.
7.Once they're cool, make up a big, uncoloured batch of royal icing, and then remove a few spoonfuls at a time to small bowls.
8.Using a bamboo skewer, add small dots of colours from the paste-tubs, stirring with a teaspoon and then adding more colouring, very slowly, very cautiously (pastel works best here, whatever your everyday aesthetic) until you get the colour you want.
9.Use teaspoons to coat the cupcakes with icing and leave each a moment to dry only slightly, on the surface, before sticking on a rose, daisy or whole stash of decorations.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
From Nigella

Ingredients
125 gram(s) self-raising flour
125 gram(s) caster sugar
125 gram(s) unsalted butter soft
2 medium egg(s)
½ teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
2 tablespoon(s) milk
1 packet(s) instant royal icing
1 splash of food colouring (for preference colour pastes)
1 cake decoration(s) (wafer roses, sugar flowers, dolly mixtures and sprinkles)

Method
1.Preheat the oven to 200C and line the tin with the muffin cases.
2.It couldn't be simpler to make cup cakes: just put all the ingredients except for the milk in the processor and then blitz till smooth.
3.Pulse while adding milk, to make for a soft, dropping consistency, down the funnel. Or using a bowl and wooden spoon, cream the butter and sugar, beat in the eggs one at a time with a little of the flour.
4.Then add the vanilla extract and fold in the rest of the flour, adding the milk to get the dropping consistency as before.
5.I know it looks as if you'll never make this scant mixture fit 12 bun cases, but you will. I promise you this mixture is exactly right to make the 12 cup cakes, so just spoon and scrape the stuff in, trying to fill each case equally, judging by eye only of course.
6.Put in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cup cakes are cooked and golden on top. As soon as bearable, take the cup cakes in their cases out of the tin and let cool, right way up, on a wire rack.
7.Once they're cool, make up a big, uncoloured batch of royal icing, and then remove a few spoonfuls at a time to small bowls.
8.Using a bamboo skewer, add small dots of colours from the paste-tubs, stirring with a teaspoon and then adding more colouring, very slowly, very cautiously (pastel works best here, whatever your everyday aesthetic) until you get the colour you want.
9.Use teaspoons to coat the cupcakes with icing and leave each a moment to dry only slightly, on the surface, before sticking on a rose, daisy or whole stash of decorations.

Is that semi skimmed milk or full fat?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Coldest spring in half a century, and it feels like it. Brrrrrrr

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here