Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Dr Who

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
With a brand new series starting next Saturday (can't wait ) it's also the last one that Matt Smith is going to be the DOCTOR he's going to be regenerated into a new 12th doctor in the Xmas special at the end of the year so I wondered who would you have playing the next DR WHO
I'm going for MARTIN SHEEN one of the best British actors ever IMO

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
With a brand new series starting next Saturday (can't wait ) it's also the last one that Matt Smith is going to be the DOCTOR he's going to be regenerated into a new 12th doctor in the Xmas special at the end of the year so I wondered who would you have playing the next DR WHO
I'm going for MARTIN SHEEN one of the best British actors ever IMO

Is he leaving though? I hope he's not... Think he's an awesome Doctor. Besides, if he does it'll be in the Big 50 show, surely?

Great shout on Sheen though... Very versatile actor.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
He is very very good and would love to see him star, but just can't see him comitting to the "DR" role for any length of time. Chances are it will be some relatively unknown actor, and not the big household name.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Is he leaving though? I hope he's not... Think he's an awesome Doctor. Besides, if he does it'll be in the Big 50 show, surely?

Great shout on Sheen though... Very versatile actor.

Yes Matt Smith bowing out at Xmas been a good Dr who apart from some weaker stories involving Amy & Rory, the last series though proved he's been one of the best

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Chris Tucker

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Think we need an actor who is a bit older than the recent two. Mention has been made of a female replacement but that's ludicrous.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I really like Matt Smith. As for a new one they will probably go with someone slightly less well known, which is no bad thing. Although if they were to cast older I'd really like to see Michael Kichen (Foyle's War) give it a go. Michael Sheen would be good, I think he's be good in anything but I can't see it happening. It'll likely be a 20 something that has had a few roles and you go "Oh yeah, I remember him in that". Or Perhaps Gabriel Byrne for a darker edge? I doubt they'll use a female as it would prob alienate a large percentage of the geek boy fanbase.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I really like Matt Smith. As for a new one they will probably go with someone slightly less well known, which is no bad thing. Although if they were to cast older I'd really like to see Michael Kichen (Foyle's War) give it a go. Michael Sheen would be good, I think he's be good in anything but I can't see it happening. It'll likely be a 20 something that has had a few roles and you go "Oh yeah, I remember him in that". Or Perhaps Gabriel Byrne for a darker edge? I doubt they'll use a female as it would prob alienate a large percentage of the geek boy fanbase.

Exactly! You would not expect a female to play James Bond or say Sherlock Holmes. Some things in life just cant be messed with.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Exactly! You would not expect a female to play James Bond or say Sherlock Holmes. Some things in life just cant be messed with.

Or would the beeb cast a gay Doctor , Jack Harkness was a "under the duvet double agent" so you never know maybe an Eddie Izzard ( I know he's not gay )could make the role even camper

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Have never liked Matt Smith as Dr. Who. I don't quite know why. So I have not really watched them in last few years.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Rupert Grint? He's only about 20 isn't he?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Michael Sheen is a successful Hollywood actor. He's a bit above cult BBC geek drama for my money.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Michael Sheen is a successful Hollywood actor. He's a bit above cult BBC geek drama for my money.

Yeah but if he did as Brian Clough I'd watch it.........

"Hey young man, I don't to talk about loooosing to these bloody Daleks, I want to talk about winning."

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
Wouldn't be surprised if they went for someone like the bloke who played John Moray in BBCs The Paradise,but would prefer an older actor like Richard E Grant or Bill Nighy perhaps,or even Matthew Macfadyen who plays the lead role in Ripper Street.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here