Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Running Dan Breaks World Record!

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Dan Lawson has broken the world record for greatest distance travelled on a treadmill in a week.The endurance runner has run just over 518 miles to surpass the previous world record in order to raise money for Albion in the Community.
Dan was cheered on to success by a packed marquee in Jubillee Square, Brighton, by a crowd including Paul Barber and a collection of Albion staff and fans, as his feat came to an end at 12.20am on Saturday morning.
After his enormous task came to an end Dan told seagulls.co.uk, “I knew it was going to be tough but it was physically and mentally more demanding than I thought it would be.
“I would not of got through it without the tremendous support I have had all week,* so I thank everyone for getting behind me and joining me on the treadmills.”
Dan crossed the finish line with Head of Albion in the Community Health, Stuart Christie, and his 9-year-old daughter, Ruby, running by his side.
AITC’s health manager has been running for up to 17 hours a day in his attempt to break the world record, at a daily average of over 75 miles and Dan has pushed himself to the limit.
The amazing test of physical and mental strength is to raise funds and awareness for AITC’s children’s activity projects, designed to keep our youngsters healthy and active.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here