Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To post or not to post.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Are there any subjects you won't reply to on here, or is everything open season for you? And are there any N.S.C members you steer clear of, apart from me? (if they're not already on your ignore list)
I generally don't post to anything politics or religion based. People are generally intrenched in their ideology and its pointless arguing in the real world or on here. Also I'm generally not a fan of Hove born and bred or Ernest, but they are a part of N.S.C's rich tapestry of characters and hope they continue posting on here for many a long year to come

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Politics, I avoid, but only because I have no idea what's going on. Still haven't chosen my allegiances yet. I try to avoid religion, but I find it quite difficult. But aside from that, if I don't know enough about a subject to contribute, I'll just leave it.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Are there any subjects you won't reply to on here, or is everything open season for you? And are there any N.S.C members you steer clear of, apart from me? (if they're not already on your ignore list)
I generally don't post to anything politics or religion based. People are generally intrenched in their ideology and its pointless arguing in the real world or on here. Also I'm generally not a fan of Hove born and bred or Ernest, but they are a part of N.S.C's rich tapestry of characters and hope they continue posting on here for many a long year to come

Haven't ignored any one and no one is really annoying to be honest

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I would post on any subject and don't use the ignore list - don't really get that function - its a chat forum and conflicting opinions etc are its life blood - no one annoys me but plenty make me genuinely laugh out loud!

Politics and Religion.

My beliefs, or non-beliefs are mine and will not be swayed by anything written on a messageboard, in exactly the same way as I have no desire to sway any other posters beliefs on these two subjects.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I read a lot of the threads on here posting only occasionally. If its a subject I know nothing about I wont bother for fear of coming across a bit thick. Politics I tend to avoid.

I think it's a massive shame that people don't want to discuss politics - because out of all of the topics being discussed, it is possibly the most important.

Agreed, but all that ever happens on here with this subject is people slagging eachother off.

I quite enjoy a debate in my local, with people who will listen to your views without the need to abuse.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

I'm not going to qualify that with an answer.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I avoid Mutts Nutts, kevtherev and Withdean Wanderer as all of them seem to be dicks. Not ignored, but it makes my blood boil when they tout their nonsense.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Tend to ignore threads and posts by the doom and gloom merchants, as I can't ever decide if they are just wums or if they're actually serious. If the former, then they're not funny, if the later then :facepalm:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I always tell myself to stay off anything discussing religion, the death penalty or Celtic/Rangers. But it's hard.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
I think it's a massive shame that people don't want to discuss politics - because out of all of the topics being discussed, it is possibly the most important.

politicians are controlled by international central banks and corporations so irrelevent chating about politics really.... ;-)

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Actually more of an observer than anything. Try not to get involved in arguments, but some people seem to just want to disagree with anything. I've learnt not to bother.
The one thing I really hate is on the match day threads when some goon just writes "yes" or "oh no", (or words to that effect).
It's my only way of following the game here, so I wish they'd realise that we don't all have live commentary or the mythical stream.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The one thing I really hate is on the match day threads when some goon just writes "yes" or "oh no", (or words to that effect).
It's my only way of following the game here, so I wish they'd realise that we don't all have live commentary or the mythical stream.

Guilty as charged M'lud (away games only). I will attempt to be more explanatory in future rather than just posting "ooooo" or "phew" as is my wont.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here