Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How far can we go?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
A serious question as I am interested in your thoughts. We have some ambitious people steering our ship. What do you think our true potential is?. Also what timescales?.

Steady Prem side, Champions league, Euro league etc etc.

For me I go with the flow we are where we are and we'll be where we'll be but as long as we end up dominating the scum then I'm h.a.p.p.y.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Depends on what scum our talking about??? south coast or croydon??? i'd personaly love to see us in europe as a winner of any cup!!!!

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Depends on what scum our talking about??? south coast or croydon??? i'd personaly love to see us in europe as a winner of any cup!!!!

There is only one scum.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Swansea have got into Europe. Anything below the Premier League top seven is possible. So that's our potential.

Cardiff have gone close to promotion for several seasons in a row but missed out every time. That's also possible.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
definatly Europa league within 5 years is realisitic.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I was in Krakow when Fulham played Wisla in the Europa League. We can match that.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I think we can become an 'also ran' in the Premier League like Stoke, Fulham or West Brom, occasionally pushing for a European spot but not quite making it. We'll probably yo-yo a few times before that then.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We have got to 'know our place' to an extent. We'll never be at the stage where it's agreed, by common consent, that the three biggest clubs in Europe and Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Brighton and Hove Albion. Like others I think top ten finishers in the Prem on a regular basis in probably the best we can hope for. Maybe a bit of Europa League and maybe even win a Cup.

The most important thing is slow and steady is better than a couple of flash-in-the-pan seasons. It might be counter-intuitive but the worst thing that could happen would be promotion this year followed by a mid-table Prem finish the next. Expectations would go through the roof; a couple of new players would, in some minds, mean we should finish even higher the next year. And when we inevitably struggle .... well we've seen what NSC is like when we go three games without a win.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
We have got to 'know our place' to an extent. We'll never be at the stage where it's agreed, by common consent, that the three biggest clubs in Europe and Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Brighton and Hove Albion. Like others I think top ten finishers in the Prem on a regular basis in probably the best we can hope for. Maybe a bit of Europa League and maybe even win a Cup.

The most important thing is slow and steady is better than a couple of flash-in-the-pan seasons. It might be counter-intuitive but the worst thing that could happen would be promotion this year followed by a mid-table Prem finish the next. Expectations would go through the roof; a couple of new players would, in some minds, mean we should finish even higher the next year. And when we inevitably struggle .... well we've seen what NSC is like when we go three games without a win.

8-15 in premiership but light years away from top 7 over a season with their wealth and ability to attract best players. If we end up like Fulham, that would be a great future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here