Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

S4C

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Anyone watch this channel ? I don't understand a word but i like the sound of the language and quite often leave the channel running in the back ground.
There's a chat show on at the moment.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Remember we were live on that channel last season :)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I remember watching it whilst in Chester visiting Mrs Grombleton when she was at Uni there. It was either farming shows or Rugby coverage. Odd, but rather compelling. Used to make up what they were going on about to pass the time.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I watched us play Wrexham on it.

Never have so few vowels been used over 90 minutes.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do they still do Pobol Y Cwm?

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Give BBC Alba a try as well for an alternative source of sonorous-but-incomprehensible Celtic language kicks, plus some really poor Scottish League football with Gaelic commentary.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Do they still do Pobol Y Cwm?

Did when I lived there a couple of years ago. Wales that is, not the set of People of the Valley.

Terrible programme that very few understand in South Wales. Everyone I knew didn't speak fluent Welsh and useD S4C for the same things I did - live football and rugby with the added extra of the red button English commentary option.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Did when I lived there a couple of years ago. Wales that is, not the set of People of the Valley.

Terrible programme that very few understand in South Wales. Everyone I knew didn't speak fluent Welsh and useD S4C for the same things I did - live football and rugby with the added extra of the red button English commentary option.

Curious to know, what areas of Wales is Welsh exclusively spoken?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Also bear in mind that north Walean and South Walean are different languages. Made that mistake once on translations for some signs, put north Walean text on some signs in Maesteg, oops, not popular.

Also, they have it in law that all public signage must have both Welsh and English text.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here