Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ladies & Gentlemen,i give you the Bluebell Railway.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
For those of us who cannot hear what is happening? Are they continuing with the extension to east grinstead?

For those of us who cannot hear what is happening? Are they continuing with the extension to east grinstead?

It opens this weekend with much celebration and jollity - there is a two week festival taking in Easter. I hope to be there at some point being an unashamed and unapologetic anorak. Will I still be around to ride on the extension to Haywards Heath?

Better. It's finished, and the first official passenger train leaves from EG tomorrow morning! Me and my dad planning on heading to Sheffield Park Sunday morning to see it for ourselves!

Sorry but I cannot see 1 good reason why they should spend the money it would cost to take the line through to Haywards Heath what would be the benefit?

You would be able to go to EG Sainsburys direct by train, making a change to shopping at the HH one. And EG has a Wetherspoons!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Brilliant news. Good luck for Saturday. I will be up there first week of April.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Good luck to them, did some work experience in Horsted Keynes some years back, great bunch of people there.

May be a simplistic view but if they extend to HH could they then not allow trains through to London if there is a problem on the L-B line? Ie change at HH to a steam train to EG then back on mainline?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here