Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
  1. #1

    Bloom - Quietly pulls the strings


    0 Not allowed!
    Have you noticed that with a minimum of press coverage, Bloom quietly pulls the strings and gets things done. This is a great asset to the club and in contrast to the classic "look at me" media, attention seeking chairman in football.
    STAND OR FALL

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #2
      Stupid IDIOT Ernest's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2003
      Location
      LOONEY BIN
      Posts
      41,154


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Working class pride View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Have you noticed that with a minimum of press coverage, Bloom quietly pulls the strings and gets things done. This is a great asset to the club and in contrast to the classic "look at me" media, attention seeking chairman in football.
      No NEED to slag off Dick Tight
    • #3
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      25,333


      0 Not allowed!
      Yep.

      The polar opposite of the free talking QPR and West Ham owners, and their gaffs.
    • #4
      Members
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Posts
      1,246


      0 Not allowed!
      Or the very public spats with fans Parish has been having at Tin Pot Palarse
    • #5
      Members Tony Towner's Fridge's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
      Posts
      4,510


      0 Not allowed!
      The art of truly great management is quiet efficiency. Don't mouth off about your achievements, just make more achievements. Don't winge about the downs, just rise above them and make them ups. Tony Bloom is a consummate manager of things. Truly brilliant.

      TNBA

      TTF
    • #6
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Sussex
      Posts
      5,338


      0 Not allowed!
      all this press coverage and posturing by Gus, and as you say Tony Bloom quietly goes about doing what's right for the club. I have no doubts that if there's ever a clash between Gus and Bloom there will be one winner and the entire club will remain in safe hands.

      Having the experience, contacts and business acumen of Barber alongside him was a master stroke

      I'm sure Gus realises where he's best off.
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did
    • #7
      Members Tony Towner's Fridge's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
      Posts
      4,510


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by timbha View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      all this press coverage and posturing by Gus, and as you say Tony Bloom quietly goes about doing what's right for the club. I have no doubts that if there's ever a clash between Gus and Bloom there will be one winner and the entire club will remain in safe hands.

      Having the experience, contacts and business acumen of Barber alongside him was a master stroke

      I'm sure Gus realises where he's best off.
      Great post. So so true, of that I am sure.

      TNBA

      TTF
    • #8

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No NEED to slag off Dick Tight
      Ernest you realy are a tool,i`m pissed by the way so do not take me seriously
    • #9
      I'll try a breakfast pie HovaGirl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Location
      West Hove
      Posts
      3,178


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by timbha View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      all this press coverage and posturing by Gus, and as you say Tony Bloom quietly goes about doing what's right for the club. I have no doubts that if there's ever a clash between Gus and Bloom there will be one winner and the entire club will remain in safe hands.

      Having the experience, contacts and business acumen of Barber alongside him was a master stroke

      I'm sure Gus realises where he's best off.
      I suspect Gus, being the flamboyant individual he is, was providing the public show while attention was diverted from the real business Blooming behind the scenes.
      Sig-free zone.
    • #10
      Members pottert's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Peacehaven
      Posts
      3,022


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Working class pride View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Have you noticed that with a minimum of press coverage, Bloom quietly pulls the strings and gets things done. This is a great asset to the club and in contrast to the classic "look at me" media, attention seeking chairman in football.
      I'm not quite sure what your referring to.I presume you mean the speculation about our manager.

      I like 99% of the rest of us have no idea what really happened this week.What I do know is that if gus had left for Reading then Barber would probably have been seen as the major reason why.Now he is not leaving it is Tony bloom who is the reason why.

      I love Tony bloom & don't have a great deal of affection for Paul Barber but nobody really knows what has happened this week.
      Brighton till I die

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •