Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom - Quietly pulls the strings

Feb 14, 2010
Have you noticed that with a minimum of press coverage, Bloom quietly pulls the strings and gets things done. This is a great asset to the club and in contrast to the classic "look at me" media, attention seeking chairman in football.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Or the very public spats with fans Parish has been having at Tin Pot Palarse

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The art of truly great management is quiet efficiency. Don't mouth off about your achievements, just make more achievements. Don't winge about the downs, just rise above them and make them ups. Tony Bloom is a consummate manager of things. Truly brilliant.

TNBA

TTF

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
all this press coverage and posturing by Gus, and as you say Tony Bloom quietly goes about doing what's right for the club. I have no doubts that if there's ever a clash between Gus and Bloom there will be one winner and the entire club will remain in safe hands.

Having the experience, contacts and business acumen of Barber alongside him was a master stroke

I'm sure Gus realises where he's best off.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
all this press coverage and posturing by Gus, and as you say Tony Bloom quietly goes about doing what's right for the club. I have no doubts that if there's ever a clash between Gus and Bloom there will be one winner and the entire club will remain in safe hands.

Having the experience, contacts and business acumen of Barber alongside him was a master stroke

Great post. So so true, of that I am sure.

TNBA

TTF

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove

I suspect Gus, being the flamboyant individual he is, was providing the public show while attention was diverted from the real business Blooming behind the scenes.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Have you noticed that with a minimum of press coverage, Bloom quietly pulls the strings and gets things done. This is a great asset to the club and in contrast to the classic "look at me" media, attention seeking chairman in football.

I'm not quite sure what your referring to.I presume you mean the speculation about our manager.

I like 99% of the rest of us have no idea what really happened this week.What I do know is that if gus had left for Reading then Barber would probably have been seen as the major reason why.Now he is not leaving it is Tony bloom who is the reason why.

I love Tony bloom & don't have a great deal of affection for Paul Barber but nobody really knows what has happened this week.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
So if Tony had refused Gus permission to talk to Reading, there may have been the risk of Gus throwing his toys off the bus and resigning. As it is Tony stood by his earlier promises, and I reckon the bond between the two will be even stronger now. Excellent man management.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know, let's speculate!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So if Tony had refused Gus permission to talk to Reading, there may have been the risk of Gus throwing his toys off the bus and resigning. As it is Tony stood by his earlier promises, and I reckon the bond between the two will be even stronger now. Excellent man management.

Tony has never stood in the way of anybody going anywhere, I doubt he ever will.
Don't judge him by the very low standards of everyone else in his position.

What TB always does is get the best deal for the club.

We will have many more situations like this, eventually we will get used to the fact 'talking to a club' isn't the same as 'signing for a club'.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
who wouldn't want to talk to another employer when they have identified you as the person they want? even if it's just to find out what they are offering?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Pull the strings!!

06562-2.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I demand a pitch presentation every home game, just like the Withdean glory days

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I demand a pitch presentation every home game, just like the Withdean glory days

like when Bobby Z won player of the season and got a portable Alba tele presented in its box from a tressle table no less.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It's a disgrace!

He should be posting on Internet forums threatening to sue people or tweeting abuse on twitter to fans that question club decisions.

You know, doing it the Palace way..

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009

Having the experience, contacts and business acumen of Barber alongside him was a master stroke.

I totally agree with this comment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here