Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Qatar loses the right to host 2022 World Cup

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Stuff Qatar and give it to the Aussies I say. An emerging football country with an excellent attitude towards sports and tourists and also a host of large stadiums. I’d go as far as saying an Aussie world cup could be one of the greatest ever.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Ok...

I like the fact that [MENTION=20693]brixtonA23[/MENTION] dumped a load of bullshit on a thread and stayed to watch.

Why I watch.

This thread was titled as though it's breaking news. If it was I'm damn sure there would be meltdown on every news/ media channel and social network immediately. For the 10,000 plus post heroes (with apologies to those that have written something worthwhile), even when you can't get to a game, you can still find out the live score. I have never worked out why somebody online would write 1-0 on this site, when for crying out loud, the very same laptop/pc/phone can tell you that. The only viable people to comment on a live game are those who can actually tell you what's happening, live at the ground. Because they are there. Charlie goes mad at Wednesday. Make a comment, or just say nothing. As you can't see it, what the hell are you going to write about?

And by the way, re read the initial post. It wasn't about Qatar's ability to host the World Cup.

That's why I watch.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Back in 2004 I served in Qatar for four months from Jun-Oct. I'm telling you now there will be deaths if players are forced to play in those temperatures. As said above simply walking in those conditions is unbearable. Very hard to comprehend for those who haven't experienced fifty degree plus heat. That's without mentioning the humidity. The players wouldn't get anywhere near enough water on-board to replace what they'd lose.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I served out in Qatar for four months from June-Oct 2004. If you haven't experienced 50 degree plus heat first hand then it is very difficult to comprehend. Even performing menial tasks in the middle of the day such as walking is an ordeal. If the tournament goes ahead as planned in June then there will be heat related fatalities. That is a fact. This may seem somewhat melancholy and presumptuous but it is the reality in afraid.

Absolutely ludicrous decision by FIFA in the first place

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here