Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
npower Championship Player of the Year*
Thomas Ince - Blackpool
Glenn Murray - Crystal Palace
Matej Vydra - Watford

*voted for by Football League club managers :cry:

There was a speculation thread but it had been contaminated.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Seems fair enough. Surprised Murray didn't win it really.

He hasn't , the awards ceremony is on Sunday , with managers voting it should go to Murray but Ince is in with a chance.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
All our current Players are not up to the task. Apparently.

The shortlists for the npower Players of the Year were drawn up based on votes from the managers in the respective divisions. A list of the 'top 10' players in each division based on the managers' votes will be released after The Football League Awards night. The full shortlists, including that for the Johnstone's Paint Young Player of the Year

Johnstone's Paint Young Player of the Year
Thomas Ince - Blackpool
Matej Vydra - Watford
Wilfried Zaha - Crystal Palace

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Remember when we won League 1 with weeks to spare? None of our team that achieved that were good enough, at least to achieve awards.

I'm not sure how Vydra qualifies, as he's on loan.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Inigo Calderon wins Player in the Community award.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

On BBS, NSC poster Glenn-Murray states :

'Weed scummer wins "Player in the Community" award. ' :ffsparr: :dunce:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Inigo Calderon wins Player in the Community award.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

On BBS, NSC poster Glenn-Murray states :

'Weed scummer wins "Player in the Community" award. '

He plays for Brighton - he's a weed scummer.

Would be hard to suggest he doesn't come across as a top bloke though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
no nomination for the 3rd best player in the world?
Surely there's been an administrative error here? NSC are lucky enough to have some very well informed posters from Crystal Palace here, and I understand that every manager in the league is in total agreement that Zaha is by far the best player in the Championship. So why the hell is he not even on the shortlist?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Surely there's been an administrative error here? NSC are lucky enough to have some very well informed posters from Crystal Palace here, and I understand that every manager in the league is in total agreement that Zaha is by far the best player in the Championship. So why the hell is he not even on the shortlist?

End product. He's on the shortlist for the YPOTY though.

Glenn Murray should win the POTY award. Doesn't mean he's even half the player that Wilfried is though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
End product.
No, he's simply not as good as you think he is. You've banged on and on and on about how he's the best player in the Championship, and how all the managers (Steve Bruce, Dougie, Worzel, Fergie jnr etc) say so, but it turns out you were talking shit again. Zaha is a talented player, and will I'm sure go on to be a good premiership player, he's just not half as good as you think.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
No, he's simply not as good as you think he is. You've banged on and on and on about how he's the best player in the Championship, and how all the managers (Steve Bruce, Dougie, Worzel, Fergie jnr etc) say so, but it turns out you were talking shit again. Zaha is a talented player, and will I'm sure go on to be a good premiership player, he's just not half as good as you think.

How can I be talking shit if all of those managers actually do say so?

There's a reason Manchester United have signed him, instead of any other players from the Championship. He has the potential to be World Class.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Tom Ince wins it.

Rightly so. Murray is in a good Palace team and Vydra is controversial for a lot of reasons.
Calderon picking up an award is a fantastic reward for his work off the pitch, it is genuinely fantastic that has been recognised. His dog scares the life out of me though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here