Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt may have to wait for first Scotland cap [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Bridcutt may have to wait for first Scotland cap[/h]1:00pm Friday 22nd March 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2278702.jpg
Liam Bridcutt has spent the week settling in with the Scotland squad
Liam Bridcutt has been told he has made a positive impression with the Scotland squad.
But the Albion midfielder could be set for World Cup disappointment at Hampden Park tonight.
Bridcutt is hoping to earn his first cap by starting against Wales in a World Cup qualifier.
Gordon Strachan has hinted the game might be a bit too early as he settles into his new surroundings.
The Scotland boss said: “He got better as the week went on. It was a bit strange for him because when he arrived, he didn’t know anybody really.
“But he has settled down and he has done a lot better in the last couple of days.
“This game might be just a wee bit too early for him, but it’s nice to have him along and work with us and we have been impressed by what he has done.”
Strachan insists he would have no qualms about using any of his squad for his first competitive international in charge.
He added: “I could trust 26, that’s for sure, but unfortunately I can only pick 11 and that has been hard.
“I have watched them all week and I have enjoyed their enthusiasm.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here