Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So what teams would Gus leave us for?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Can we compile a list of teams that would generally interest Gus in leaving us for.

As I think alot of people went OTT with the whole Reading situation, when there wasn't really any need to, seeing as they are a simular size club.

I'll start off:

Chelsea

Real Zaragoza

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Isn't it easier to list the teams he wouldn't leave us for?

Reading.

/Thread

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
anyone above the relegation zone in the premiership, but south of the midlands.

could be us in a few weeks :) ....just need to win 10 or so games......simples.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think Gus would have gone to Reading if they werent pretty much all but relegated.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Reading in the summer if we don't go up and he can't sign the players he wants to make us top two challengers

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The one that worries me is Everton - it looks like Moyes is finally leaving this Summer so they will need a new manager. I know they are not rich but they have still brough players for multimillions and they have a very good academy, are flirting with a Euro place, have a loyal fan base, like to play good football and show loyalty to their manager.

It is not the special job Gus talks about but it is very much the next step and Moyes has been spoken about as a possible United manager so people do take note of their manager. For me the big clubs will not gamble on Gus yet and he has proven that he will not go to Premiership relegation fodder so it leaves a small group of teams available and for me Everton would be a distinct possiblilty.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Well I don't like your answer as it's obviously untrue and it makes Gus seem like a ruthless mercenary who would jump ship at the first sign of £££ - which evidently isn't true.

The guy has shown remarkable loyalty with us and deserves a bit of respect for that. There are plenty of bigger clubs with bigger budgets that he wouldn't leave us for.

I think the point is that as long as we don't have the budget to achieve AND sustain premiership football, then Gus will be tempted to a place that does, hence him considering the offer from Reading. I don't think that implicates him as being a mercenary, more the reality that his hopes of continuing to be successful are linked to the size of budget he has to buy players.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I think Gus would have gone to Reading if they werent pretty much all but relegated.

Agreed - and, if they did come down he'd have a huge budget by Championship standards and be exepcted to take them straight back up. Which, if he failed at doing, wouldn't look good on his CV

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Everton, Fulham, Swansea - maybe West Brom if they continue to stabilise. These are the sorts of sides we'll need to be concerned about, if we are unable to get to their level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here