Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Electronic Cigarettes

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Under pressure from GF to stop smoking.. and the news reports from the last few days havnt bloody helped...but... Electronic Ciggie experiences...pro's / con's

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If you want to quit, quit, no need for gimmicks if you really want to stop smoking matey!

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Pro's they really do get you off the fags without too much trouble

Cons they do nothing to halt the cravings. I've been off the ciggies for 6 months but find myself in a position where I can't get myself off the electrical device now. Still, cheaper and healthier than smoking I suppose

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
Under pressure from GF to stop smoking.. and the news reports from the last few days havnt bloody helped...but... Electronic Ciggie experiences...pro's / con's

Eat a piece of fruit every time you get a craving worked for me,you do have to want to give up though

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
Pro's they really do get you off the fags without too much trouble

Cons they do nothing to halt the cravings. I've been off the ciggies for 6 months but find myself in a position where I can't get myself off the electrical device now. Still, cheaper and healthier than smoking I suppose

Does anyone know what the health riks are

I've just started on them, as far as I can see so far they make me go into MASSIVE coughing fits which I never had when smoking.

Maybe it's the vapour.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yep, I know the best way is just to stop, but after 45 years thats not going to be easy, so not kidding myself....the health risks of these elec cigs are one of my concerns...ridiculous, I know, considering im smoking cigs..but you know what I mean, dont want to replace one danger with another.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
Yep, I know the best way is just to stop, but after 45 years thats not going to be easy, so not kidding myself....the health risks of these elec cigs are one of my concerns...ridiculous, I know, considering im smoking cigs..but you know what I mean, dont want to replace one danger with another.

No one will realy know for 20 or 30 years

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sorry mate you are doomed to fail. No one can tell you to quit it doesn't quite work like that. You have to do it for yourself and by the sound of it you aren't ready. Choosing the electric ciggy thing is a half hearted attempt and i think you know that deep down.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Champix tablets.

In my 6th week since giving up after 30 years smoking. Definitely take the edge off of the cravings.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I know mate.. Its got to come from me, and im willing, but ive smoked so long now, I dont think it will be possible to just stop, plus here people smoke in bars and restaurants... its more for when im feelling weak, and out and about..

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I passed the year mark the other day. I gave up cold turkey(2nd time) It is tough but if i can pass on one bit of information then you must read Allen Carr's book.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Of course you can just stop. You are falling into a smokers thinking trap. You are no more addicted to cigs then someone who has smoked for 10 years. It's all in the mind.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Go to the vapour trail shop on elm grove, buy a tornado tank for £30, they are amazing! Few tokes on one of those when you fancy a cig and you'll forget all about it! I'm down to 1 roll up a day, I can live with that!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Just an aside but what are the exact rules regards using them in pubs over here? I saw a woman in a Wetherspoons in Liverpool who was using one and was told by the barstaff she couldn't use them in there. I presume it's up to the pub manager. Bit random though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I use the eXhale C5(?) e-cig and have been off the real thing since December 2 last year after a 34 year habit. I have given up taking in the 4,000+ oxidants that kill you but I still have the nicotine to satisfy my craving. Tests up to date show that you are 98% less likely to die using an e-cig as opposed to a real cig, literally it is about as potent as caffeine, although the nicotine 'hit' is a little different.

These companies that sell e-cigs, as a rule, do not promote their products as an aid to giving up smoking. However Nanny Euro State is now getting pharmaceutical pressure due to the success of the e-cig and the eating into the profits of the aforementioned and are almost certainly due to re-classify it a medicinal help, which will mean it being regulated, more expensive and available by prescription only despite it not being an aid to giving up and even though thousands are giving up smoking thanks to the e-cig, it will no longer be available to the masses, once again, it's all about the dollar.

I'll happily use one of these things for the rest of my life if it means not throwing tar and poisons down my lungs, and yes they really do help [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION], and they're cleaner, no secondary smoke, fewer deaths.

Hope that helps.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
My take on it is.... Giving up has to come from within. I quit after 20+ per day just like that! I don't believe that how long you have smoked is relevant. An addiction is an addiction whether you have smoked for 5 years or 45 years!

You and only you will know if you are ready to quit or not! If you really, and I mean REALLY want to pack up then it is much easier than you think it is.

Trust me mate, I'm just coming up to 9 months off now and hardly miss it at all and certainly not enough to be tempted back! My wife still smokes indoors and around me, if anything that is a deterrent for me.

Forget the gimmicks mate. Just call it a day when you're ready to. Good luck

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here