Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham to move into the Olympic Stadium in 2016

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I really can't see how this is going to impact on Orient. For one thing, the clubs will almost certainly have to play their home games on alternative saturdays. I also understand that Mr Hearn has lost his bottle and dropped the legal action

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
And funded by the taxpayer - absolutely disgraceful. Taxpayer 60 million WHU 15 Million.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I really can't see how this is going to impact on Orient. For one thing, the clubs will almost certainly have to play their home games on alternative saturdays. I also understand that Mr Hearn has lost his bottle and dropped the legal action

The proximity of a big club with a massive stadium to a run down tin pot but cute club just down the road will have an impact on Orient.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
The proximity of a big club with a massive stadium to a run down tin pot but cute club just down the road will have an impact on Orient.

But surely Orient fans aren't going to suddenly jump ship and start supporting WH because the prices are lower and they've got a bigger stadium. I can understand a few floating fans might prefer WH but really can't see it being that much of an impact

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But surely Orient fans aren't going to suddenly jump ship and start supporting WH because the prices are lower and they've got a bigger stadium. I can understand a few floating fans might prefer WH but really can't see it being that much of an impact

Maybe but what about the future fanbase? Similar cost with much better facilities playing in a higher league, it has to have an impact imo and Orient have few enough fans already.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What percentage of WHU and LO STHs actually live in those areas ???
Looks a bit multicultural when I've been there

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Maybe but what about the future fanbase?

Well that would surely depend on how big we got over the next 30 odd years. Don't forget that this is West ham we're talking about....where most things we touch tends to fall to pieces !!!!

Anyway, if we didn't get the OS, there's plans afoot for a new purpose built stadium....surely this would have the same outcome ?

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
BH only ever interested in money...I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep worrying about Leyton Orient who will plod on with the same gates they had before West Ham got the stadium,,,,

Hearn only pi$$ed off because it's a money making scheme he's missed out on!!

East Londons premier team playing in a top class stadium in , er, east London. What's not to like about that?

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
Well that would surely depend on how big we got over the next 30 odd years. Don't forget that this is West ham we're talking about....where most things we touch tends to fall to pieces !!!!

Anyway, if we didn't get the OS, there's plans afoot for a new purpose built stadium....surely this would have the same outcome ?

What are your thoughts on the move,i know a few hammers fans and all are against it,when we played you last season there were even protesters against the move outside Upton Park

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Visually, as a stadium to look at, I've always thought it a 'meh.' It looks to me, a characterless bland bowl. It served its function well as an Athletics Stadium & the inferstructure is all there. As a Football Ground though? I'm not sure.

Then there is the issue of the running track. I HATE grounds with running tracks.:angry: As I understand it, W.H. can't tear up the running track as part of the legacy deal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Isn't Hearn's secret masterplan to move Orient out to Harlow anyway?

Visually, as a stadium to look at, I've always thought it a 'meh.' It looks to me, a characterless bland bowl. It served its function well as an Athletics Stadium & the inferstructure is all there. As a Football Ground though? I'm not sure.

Then there is the issue of the running track. I HATE grounds with running tracks.:angry: As I understand it, W.H. can't tear up the running track as part of the legacy deal.

Nope, but they can put a rolling set of seats over the track, which can be removed when they need the track for athletics events etc.

The view still wouldn't be brilliant in all honesty, and I can't see them using much more than the lower tier of the bowl.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here