Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Previous Brighton nicknames and chants...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Now Gus is staying back to normal on NSC.

I know we have had several nicknames (Palace keep outta this :)) like Brovians ??? & The Dolphins :cheery:

However did they ever catch on and is anyone old enough to recall if chanting them took off ???

I can see Brovians being used as it sounds similar to Alllllbiooooon chant.

But Dolphins punish:

Gus is staying, its Friday be happy people :)

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Also known as the shrimps once.....(now Morcambe and Southend the Shrimpers)....Dolphins came about ,looking for name change and with the dolphinarium became the Dolphins....still have one of their blue/yellow hats. Might be changed again soon to Eagleslayers, Nearest name to ours is the Gulls of Torquay.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
They were the Dolphins when i started going back in the mid 70's. The club badge had a Dolphin on it. Pretty sure that they only changed to Seagulls when the rivalry with Palace started as a comeback to their "Eagles" chant.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Also known as the shrimps once.....(now Morcambe and Southend the Shrimpers)....Dolphins came about ,looking for name change and with the dolphinarium became the Dolphins....still have one of their blue/yellow hats. Might be changed again soon to Eagleslayers, Nearest name to ours is the Gulls of Torquay.

What about the mighty Weston-Super-Mare?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We were never the Shrimps. It's a myth, as Tim Carder has shown.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I used to have a Dolphins silk(y) scarf that I can't for the life of me find, but I do have a Dolphins pennant

<-------

Only works it you're viewing in a browser.
It doesn't have a chant though.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We were never the Shrimps. It's a myth, as Tim Carder has shown.

Finally got an answer for you having spoken to a few players last night, consensus is that the Admiral logo on the white shirt was blue and yellow. :thumbsup:

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
Palace aren't really The Eagles - they are The Glaziers, and always will be. Just like Reading will always be The Biscuitmen, no matter how much they pretend to be The Royals.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I like Dolphins as a nickname. And there really was no need to change it to Seagulls just to annoy Palace fans. Dolphins are elegant creatures with high intelligence ... the mere mention of them must make Palace supporters feel a touch inadequate and self-conscious.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Finally got an answer for you having spoken to a few players last night, consensus is that the Admiral logo on the white shirt was blue and yellow. :thumbsup:

Thank you, Phil, for pursuing this. That's excellent and immensely helpful. I can now go ahead with letting the guy at Historical Kits know and go ahead correctly colourising the player pics at Seagulls TV.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here