Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Youth: Albion 0 Charlton 3

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Simon Rusk admitted his side paid the price for conceding first after Albion youth suffered a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Charlton Athletic.The Addicks were in scintillating form, although they took the lead against the run of play on 19 minutes when capitalising on a defensive error.
The London side found their feet from then on and in an impressive second-half display added a further two goals.
And after the defeat Rusk told seagulls.co.uk, “We started extremely brightly against a good Charlton team, who many consider to be the best in the league, and our passing and movement was fantastic.
“Unfortunately we conceded a bad goal when trying to play out from the back, which wasn’t deserved and was completely against the run of play.
"Then as the game went on that affected our momentum and confidence and obviously gave Charlton a big boost.
“I got in at half-time and I wasn’t too disappointed as in the first ten minutes we created two very good goalscoring opportunities where really we should have taken the lead. But overall we applied a lot of pressure but didn’t work their keeper enough.
“In fairness to Charlton they took control of the game, and credit to them they dominated us in the second half and we couldn’t complain with the 3-0 scoreline. I said to the boys afterwards that goals change games and unfortunately that was the case.”
Albion: (4-3-3) Walton (GK); Barry, Cooper (Cooper 51), Lall, Hunt; Asmundssen, Peake (Benham 83), Wiltshire (Harris 37); Levy, Deen, Howard. Subs not used: Colquhoun (GK), Muitt.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here