Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question time

HOFNSKIN

Feb 12, 2012
More right wing crap from Grove.

God help this country if this right wing nutter becomes the next leader of the Irish Brigands.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Who is the token leftie this week

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sometimes, you watch question time and wish the politicians were the specials guests and the special guests were the politicians. This is one of those occasions. Gove and that Labour woman are as unconvincing as that Green party leader. :nono:

C

CT1

Couldn't disagree with anything the expert on economics said about the state of the nation.

And the fact the country becomes an extra 18 million pounds in debt every hour is simply disgusting.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Couldn't disagree with anything the expert on economics said about the state of the nation.

And the fact the country becomes an extra 18 million pounds in debt every hour is simply disgusting.

He is an interesting character, you'd think he is terribly right wing but actually he is terribly liberal.

Past press spokesman for the Liberal Democrats and Campaign Director for Liberty. That lefty campaigning grouping who leader used to be a member of the SDP. We're not used to this ultra liberalism is in this country because they never win anything. Personally they scare me more than the Tories.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Again a slightly more complex character than the press would let you believe. Opposed identity cards and thought section 28 a nonsense.

Sorry perhaps missing something but why do those two things make him complex?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sorry perhaps missing something but why do those two things make him complex?

Can't stand the bloke but respect him for having an independent mind. Quite unusual for an MP. I disagree with most he says but I believe them to be the views of Michael Gove and not his party.

I also have sympathy for his views on the natural curriculum but from quite a different perspective. I got taught quite rubbish history about this country at school, but that was very very much under Thatcher.

I did one year of a degree before moving to another where I was taught proper history, Kings and Queens etc.. However it was part of a cultural studies course about as lefty as you get. So they you go, the Thatcherites failed to teach me history but the Marxist Lecturers did a very very good job. Give would have loved it.

There is another reason I went through school thinking Science and Maths weren't particularly for me and wasn't encouraged to change that opinion. I'm not stupid so ended up with a degree in Media Production and Business Studies from Manchester University, not to sniffed at I suppose but to be honest an absolute breeze.

Stupid thing was I always mucked about with computers from a very early age and in retrospect always had an aptitude but no one at school MADE we study it. This gnawed away at me for years until finally I bit the bullet in my late thirties and went back part time to University after work. I now have a Masters in Computer Science from London University.

I could have done that years ago. I've met so many people who have done the humanities route who are frighteningly technical. Not down playing the artistic thing, but there are far more many scientists, engineers and doctors out there who never were. Simply because they weren't pushed or were able easily to avoid those sort of subjects.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Can't stand the bloke but respect him for having an independent mind. Quite unusual for an MP. I disagree with most he says but I believe them to be the views of Michael Gove and not his party.

I also have sympathy for his views on the natural curriculum but from quite a different perspective. I got taught quite rubbish history about this country at school, but that was very very much under Thatcher.

I did one year of a degree before moving to another where I was taught proper history, Kings and Queens etc.. However it was part of a cultural studies course about as lefty as you get. So they you go, the Thatcherites failed to teach me history but the Marxist Lecturers did a very very good job. Give would have loved it.

Though being a moderate tory myself, I've never really bothered with him before but I thought he came over as a reasonable orator tonight, something that leftie didn't.

HOFNSKIN

Feb 12, 2012
I under took a post school, College a level ECONOMICS course under the control of an ultra Leftie.
Every thing that i was taught is now redundant in modern times but the sentiments are as strong as ever.

The RICH get rich and the POOR get poorer.

45 years on and nothing changes

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I under took a post school, College a level ECONOMICS course under the control of an ultra Leftie.
Every thing that i was taught is now redundant in modern times but the sentiments are as strong as ever.

The RICH get rich and the POOR get poorer.

45 years on and nothing changes
So the left is for the poor....did'nt hear multi-millionaire Blair say that......

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I could quite happily shoot Gove in the face. If it was legal.

Join the queue. I think Gove is one of the most dangerous and woefully out of touch politicians there currently is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here