Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mullery Dinner

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Yep really good night
Mullers gave good talk saying how the best time in football was the five years here and be loves this club so much.
Also said he expects us to be in the prem very soon and it is in such safe hands.
Nice stories of the old days from lawrenson Horton catlin and smith on stage

Peter ward cried on stage as was so emotional seeing all the old gang again. He is legend.

Amazing to see so many legends of the past. All so friendly.
Teddy maybank was peed out of his head as was Steve foster.

Paul Barbour told Phil Beale in vip room before event that Poyet was not even close to leaving and was never going to happen.
Phil Beale was on my table and recounted this to us early on.
I also overheard Martin perry saying he was staying.

Great night.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Yep really good night
Mullers gave good talk saying how the best time in football was the five years here and be loves this club so much.
Also said he expects us to be in the prem very soon and it is in such safe hands.

Peter ward cried on stage as was so emotional seeing all the old gang again. He is legend.

Paul Barbour told Phil Beale in vip room before event that Poyet was not even close to leaving and was never going to happen.

Great night.

Sounds like a decent night then! Would of loved to of seen Steve Foster pissed. :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep really good night

Great night.

Bumped for those who thought he did want to leave

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It was a wonderful went, I echo the sentiments above, the ex players were fab, and Mullers was clearly loved by those players. I'm sure there will be photos to come, sadly mine were rubbish.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Did John Gregory turn up?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Did John Gregory turn up?

No.

There was some VT from people that couldn't make it - Gary Stevens, Roy Hodgeson, Alex Ferguson, Jeff Stelling etc but no sign of John Gregory.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No.

There was some VT from people that couldn't make it - Gary Stevens, Roy Hodgeson, Alex Ferguson, Jeff Stelling etc but no sign of John Gregory.

Thank you. And no sign of Moshe Gariani and Jacob Cohen? Would have been amazing if they had showed up.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Amazing how well some of the players have aged (Peter O'Sullivan, Perry Digweed, Peter Ward) whereas others have had, shall we say, a hard life!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Having seen and spoken to Gary Stevens recently, I reckon he should bring his boots next time he pays the Amex a visit.

He is coaching in Ireland - clearly keeps his fitness levels up. Sully must have made a pact with the Devil - get him to bring his boots too!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Gordon Smith, Eric Steele and Mark Lawrenson on stage

On the far right in the backround (under the podium) you can just see Nobby Horton with Steve Foster partially obscured behind him.

Attachments

• Mullery dinner.JPG
    Mullery dinner.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 260

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Yep really good night

Great night.

Great report.

I'm so glad that Mullers has been brought back into the BHAFC fold. Such a great guy. That footage of him talking about the Palace rivalry was brilliant on the big screens last Sunday ... it must have revved a lot of fans up even more.

It would be great for Mullers to be given the kind of role at BHA that I understand he has on matchdays at Spurs.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Great report.

I'm so glad that Mullers has been brought back into the BHAFC fold. Such a great guy. That footage of him talking about the Palace rivalry was brilliant on the big screens last Sunday ... it must have revved a lot of fans up even more.

It would be great for Mullers to be given the kind of role at BHA that I understand he has on matchdays at Spurs.

A couple of board members were talking last night about forming the sort of ex-players' association that they have at clubs including Villa and Everton, inviting a few to every home game - and not just the big names but players who played at Gillingham and Withdean.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
A couple of board members were talking last night about forming the sort of ex-players' association that they have at clubs including Villa and Everton, inviting a few to every home game - and not just the big names but players who played at Gillingham and Withdean.

Great idea and perhaps a bit odd they haven't already done something similar, given the facilities we have.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here