Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Coventry sort of going into administration

0 Not allowed!
    They're looking to play their remaining home games at a different ground.
    “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Moving further North... strings's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      This is a bizarre situation. They don't own their stadium, and can't afford the rent anymore.

Wish them all the best, but where on earth can they play? Their nearest football league clubs are the Birmingham Clubs (+West Brom, Walsall and Wolves), then Leicester and Northampton.
      Purple Goalie shorts appreciation society
      Devil's Advocate (p/t)

0 Not allowed!
      The holding company that paid their rent has gone into administration.

This is similar to southampton's last administration, where the club itself isn't in administration, but a linked part of it is. That means there is no automatic points deduction, but the league can impose one (as they did with Southampton) if they feel the integrity of the league (the one that allows the venkys to run a football club, and Watford to circumvent loan rules) is impacted by the administration.
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more
      Moving further North... strings's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      In answer to my own question. Coventry City are looking to move to Rushdon and Diamond's Nene Park, if the have to.

If this arrangement falls through, they will look to construct 'Withdean style' temporary seating at Coventry Rugby Club's Butts Park Arena (currently one stand, 3000 capacity).

Purple Goalie shorts appreciation society

0 Not allowed!
      Nene Park is a tidy little ground. I enjoyed my trip there (helped by a win of course). They used to have a Doc Martens' outlet store on site, I recall.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

0 Not allowed!
      Real shame as they are the only midland club i don't mind along with Derby. They are heading the same way as Plymouth i reckon.
      Devil's Advocate (p/t)

0 Not allowed!
      The owners of the stadium are now trying to get an administration order put on the club. The case has been adjourned until next week.
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more

0 Not allowed!
      How can someone other than the club own the stadium? So wrong.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albumen View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How can someone other than the club own the stadium? So wrong.
      That's the case with quite a few clubs I think? Palace didn't own Selhurst for a long time, it was in the hands of one of their ex-chairmen, Ron Noades perhaps? I'm sure they must have got it back by now but it hasn't always been theirs. Some clubs play in council owned stadiums too.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

0 Not allowed!
      Very sad situation.

Nene Park looks pretty decent to be fair! The Withdeanesque ground would probably do for them though, considering their recent crowds.