Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Open Letter to Mr Poyet

kjgood

Dear Mr Poyet,

I write this in the hope that you or one of your colleagues who can pass this on, read North Stand Chat to keep in touch with what the fans think. Firstly, can i please ask you to ignore some of the idiots who post comments that are clearly childish and rude, and normally just written to get a reaction from the loyal fans that use this board.

In the last few years along with Mr Bloom's and Mr Knights help, you have overseen arguably the greatest revolution within our club within living history, certainly within my time of supporting the club and that started in 1969 or thereabouts.

You willingly joined us when we had shrunk to what amounted to being a 'tinpot' club (with big club ambitions and memories) playing in a ground a blue square team would have disowned, with a playing budget a Isthmian League manager would have struggled with.

What you have now is a premiership quality stadium, with a team playing on the whole beautiful football and an average fan attendance that would be 13th highest this season in the premier league and a new state of the art training complex on the way. Now, its clear you haven't done all this alone, and whilst you have done a great job yourself, you have had the backing of many people from Chairman, colleagues, players and fans.

It is very rare in business, and that is what professional football is, that you have had the opportunity to make such a difference with massive support from all the major stakeholders in that business, and yes that does include the 'Customers'.

Unless we as 'customers' have really not understood your relationship with your employer, it seems illogical that you would consider a move to a new employer in a business that is clearly struggling, appears to be in disarray and potentially could be relegated to the level where you are now.

It may be that you have already discounted this opportunity but i appreciate it is fair to consider any opportunity if your contractual terms permit you to review potential new offers, especially if better terms and conditions are offered.

Could I ask you to please consider all the implications of changing employers, remembering that the grass is not always greener on the other side and salary sometimes isn't everything. If you are not committed to this business then its right for you to go, however the job is not yet completed, and there is still much to be done. I could understand you leaving if the real big jobs come along e.g. Chelsea or Spurs but as yet it appears they haven't.

Ultimately you have been good for 'our club' and we have been good for you, whatever your decision please don't keep us waiting, the customers (and the team) need to know you are committed to the cause or otherwise so we can get on with life because we are bigger than one person. I hope though you are committed to Brighton and Hove Albion.

Kindest Regards

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Well said that man

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's been too busy writing that to see the news..............Bless

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
24 hours late

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Two hours earlier and I'd have said yep good but now I say wtf.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
Dear Mr Poyet,

I write this in the hope that you or one of your colleagues who can pass this on, read North Stand Chat to keep in touch with what the fans think. Firstly, can i please ask you to ignore some of the idiots who post comments that are clearly childish and rude, and normally just written to get a reaction from the loyal fans that use this board.

In the last few years along with Mr Bloom's and Mr Knights help, you have overseen arguably the greatest revolution within our club within living history, certainly within my time of supporting the club and that started in 1969 or thereabouts.

You willingly joined us when we had shrunk to what amounted to being a 'tinpot' club (with big club ambitions and memories) playing in a ground a blue square team would have disowned, with a playing budget a Isthmian League manager would have struggled with.

What you have now is a premiership quality stadium, with a team playing on the whole beautiful football and an average fan attendance that would be 13th highest this season in the premier league and a new state of the art training complex on the way. Now, its clear you haven't done all this alone, and whilst you have done a great job yourself, you have had the backing of many people from Chairman, colleagues, players and fans.

It is very rare in business, and that is what professional football is, that you have had the opportunity to make such a difference with massive support from all the major stakeholders in that business, and yes that does include the 'Customers'.

Unless we as 'customers' have really not understood your relationship with your employer, it seems illogical that you would consider a move to a new employer in a business that is clearly struggling, appears to be in disarray and potentially could be relegated to the level where you are now.

It may be that you have already discounted this opportunity but i appreciate it is fair to consider any opportunity if your contractual terms permit you to review potential new offers, especially if better terms and conditions are offered.

Could I ask you to please consider all the implications of changing employers, remembering that the grass is not always greener on the other side and salary sometimes isn't everything. If you are not committed to this business then its right for you to go, however the job is not yet completed, and there is still much to be done. I could understand you leaving if the real big jobs come along e.g. Chelsea or Spurs but as yet it appears they haven't.

Ultimately you have been good for 'our club' and we have been good for you, whatever your decision please don't keep us waiting, the customers (and the team) need to know you are committed to the cause or otherwise so we can get on with life because we are bigger than one person. I hope though you are committed to Brighton and Hove Albion.

Kindest Regards

you have overseen arguably the greatest revolution within our club within living history, certainly within my time of supporting the club

Did you sleep through the late 70`s early 80`s

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I didn't feel it. It was sterile and formal, no warmth, no passion. Cold and distant.

A "please stay" greeting card with a picture of a teddy, or perhaps a cute cat, now that would have been something.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I liked it. Perhaps you could trot it out again when Paul Lambert is sacked and Gus is linked to that job.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How long have you been writing this? He's staying.
:lol:

Don't see he is staying on the official website or any direct quote from Gus
where is the direct quote from Gus or the club?
Where is the direct quote from the club that this was ever a possibility? The same sources that came up with the idea in the first place, have now said it's not going to happen. BHA don't need to say anything. If you're still not sure, Gus is 16/1 with Bet Victor, so fill your boots.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I didn't feel it. It was sterile and formal, no warmth, no passion. Cold and distant.

A "please stay" greeting card with a picture of a teddy, or perhaps a cute cat, now that would have been something.

please-dont-go-cat.jpg?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here