Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Gus our Wenger or Ferguson?

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I have a feeling that he is going to be around for many years to come at Brighton and Hove Albion.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He's our Alan Mullery* of this decade. Once he goes, it will never be quite the same again for him or us, even if he came back.

* although Mullery didn't pimp himself for available jobs the way Poyet appears to have.

Last edited:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think this little episode has proved, the only way Poyet will be manager here next season, is if we go up and only then if Chelsea don't come in for him. If a London prem side come calling he will be gone like a shot in the summer...West Ham is still my bet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Everything he says and does suggests he wants to build something long term here. I know I will get flamed for saying that but everything he does suggests to me a long term plan.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I thought you said yesterrday he'd be gone in an hour?

oh yes... how come you aint banned Aseros? really would rather you didnt give you opinion on track record :lol:

larus

I think this little episode has proved, the only way Poyet will be manager here next season, is if we go up and only then if Chelsea don't come in for him. If a London prem side come calling he will be gone like a shot in the summer...West Ham is still my bet.

Your prejudice against Gus is astounding. You come across as a bitter, negative person.

Gus, as far as I can see, has not been touting himself for jobs, and has taken us from the bottom third of league 1 to serious challengers for a play-off spot in the championship, yet in your eyes, EVERYTHING he does is wrong.

Even the win against palace was met by comments through gritted teeth by you.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Your prejudice against Gus is astounding. You come across as a bitter, negative person.

Gus, as far as I can see, has not been touting himself for jobs, and has taken us from the bottom third of league 1 to serious challengers for a play-off spot in the championship, yet in your eyes, EVERYTHING he does is wrong.

Spot on. People who don't enjoy Gus's time with us will NEVER enjoy football. It's superb and I'm loving it.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

Well said.

scooter1

How soon is now?
If we get promoted at the end of this season I would think he'll be around for a couple of years. Hopefully solidify us as a premiership team before getting his chance to manage one of the big 4 or 5 clubs. If we don't get promoted this season, then I think at some point next season he'll be off for a lower middle premier Lge club

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here