Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manager of BHA - what a job.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Debt free
Shrewd chairman with a 40+ year family connection to the club
Multi award-winning all-purpose stadium
Best attendances in the Championship (better than several PL clubs)
A global financial services company as a long-term headline sponsorship partner
State of the art training facility being built
Long-term plan for sustainable success under FFP
Wonderful fan base

You'd have to be mad not to want to be part of that!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Where do I apply? Been doing pretty well at Football Manager, so all the skills must be transferable, musn't they?? :cool:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Agree. If for some crazy reason Gus does want to leave (I don't think he will) the potential replacements will be queueing round the block.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Agree. If for some crazy reason Gus does want to leave (I don't think he will) the potential replacements will be queueing round the block.

And in that scenario I would wholly trust Tony Bloom to appoint the best candidate.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
No disrespect to people like Russell Slade (Great bloke) but IF we were looking, we are talking a totally different higher level standard of Boss required.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Was told that he wasn't meeting them until Monday ... as was told by the same person he was given permission last tuesday to talk to them. So he doesn't seem in much of a hurry

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
All true.. and yet, and yet, in this day and age - its not the premiership :(

Which is why your Tranmeres and Brentfords haven't a hope of being competitive in this league, with most clubs capable of 20k plus crowds and playing in big, modern stadia. Premiership 2 is a very apt term for this league.

Larry

Feb 11, 2011
Totally Agree. I don't think GUS will go Reading are not a BIG CLUB and never will be.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
whether its Reading or not, Gus's head is turned to a degree to pastures new as he seems to feel he is premiership standard - whether it is a small turn or a major one at moment makes no difference, once any turn then only a matter of time before go and slightly a dead man walking situation - he's done great things but when any person in a work situation sees themselves elsewhere, the sensible thing is to make a change and be proactive with it so the change is clean, quick and decisive and all go forward on good terms. I'd rather TB let him go then have a situation where if any decent job comes up, Gus makes sure his name is always mentioned, then doesn't quite take it - its hugely disrespectful to his employer and support whether intended to be or not - and as football has no real decency or loyalty anymore, I doubt such peacock behaviour would even vaguely be viewed as inappropriate!

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Debt free
Shrewd chairman with a 40+ year family connection to the club
Multi award-winning all-purpose stadium
Best attendances in the Championship (better than several PL clubs)
A global financial services company as a long-term headline sponsorship partner
State of the art training facility being built
Long-term plan for sustainable success under FFP
Wonderful fan base

You'd have to be mad not to want to be part of that!

Life really is good isn't it? If Gus does decide to go, and I for one just cannot see it happening because the way he has always presented himself, he has a strong head on him and doesn't appear to be swayed by money. He has a long term future here, just can't see him swapping to Reading who are not even in the same league as us when compared like for like with the list above.

Life is really good, and we will be inundated with applications if we find ourselves without a manager at the end of this week. Keep the faith.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Was told that he wasn't meeting them until Monday ... as was told by the same person he was given permission last tuesday to talk to them. So he doesn't seem in much of a hurry

And another four days of waiting - at least.

Gus doing this is pissing fans, getting the blood pressure up, while he's relaxing on a sun lounger and probably got his mobile switched off, oblivious of the carnage going on back home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here