Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex start their pre season with a win

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Great to see Chris Jordan continuing his impressive West Indies domestic form as well. With Werners having gone back to SA we need some bowling depth.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Great start and lovely to see Nashy firing early doors. I reckon he could be in for a huge season so long as he can sort out his bromance with Wrighty.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Great to see Chris Jordan continuing his impressive West Indies domestic form as well. With Werners having gone back to SA we need some bowling depth.

Yes - a great start for Jordan. He could be just the person we need to balance the team, especially while Luke is away at the IPL. This could be a great season down at the Shark Tank.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes - a great start for Jordan. He could be just the person we need to balance the team, especially while Luke is away at the IPL. This could be a great season down at the Shark Tank.

From what I've heard Luke's injuries mean he will only ever be able to bowl short spell in the CC. So we need Jordan to step up.. If he can get back on track Jordan is a great addition.

rinswun

Sep 28, 2010
I listened to Wright doing an extended interview on TalkSport about 3 weeks ago and he wasn't exactly complimentary about his own bowling. Sounded to me like he was resigning himself to being part-time at best from now on.

Great to see Jordan and Anyon get off to good starts. Surprised RHB didnt give it any tweak though. Has he given up on bowling or we just trying other options?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I listened to Wright doing an extended interview on TalkSport about 3 weeks ago and he wasn't exactly complimentary about his own bowling. Sounded to me like he was resigning himself to being part-time at best from now on.

Great to see Jordan and Anyon get off to good starts. Surprised RHB didnt give it any tweak though. Has he given up on bowling or we just trying other options?

In a recent interview RHB did say he wanted to bowl more in one day cricket. He was very effective when here previously.

rinswun

Sep 28, 2010
In a recent interview RHB did say he wanted to bowl more in one day cricket. He was very effective when here previously.

I hope so, I remember his excellent performance against a strong Warwickshire lineup in the 2009 T20 quarterfinal.

Squad looks good for getting back to finals day again this year.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
I hope so, I remember his excellent performance against a strong Warwickshire lineup in the 2009 T20 quarterfinal.

Squad looks good for getting back to finals day again this year.

Neither the saviour of the universe or the world's greatest cricketer, Michael Yardy had a bowl either. I am loving the look of this team.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Things are looking very promising this season for Sussex. They aren't favoured that strongly for the county championship with most pundits looking at Warwicks, Notts and Middx, however I have a sneaky feeling Sussex will creep under the radar and win it. A very good outside bet.
An exciting season ahead.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here