Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

He is NOT going to find a new Stiker laying on a beach is he?

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
:shrug:

Seems a strange thing to do??

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Maybe Hoskins or Mackail-Smith or Barnes. They've got some time on their hands and if i were them i'd head for the beach.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I understand that many, if not most, Premier League and Championship clubs have given their non-Internationals most of this week off. In which case, even if Gus were hitting the phones and emails, it would be highly unlikely that anybody will sign this week.

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Maybe Hoskins or Mackail-Smith or Barnes. They've got some time on their hands and if i were them i'd head for the beach.

I think you are missing something. The season hasn't finished yet !

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
People have pointed out before that he's probably not the one who finds available players, it's not like Football Manager or FIFA. His staff, who probably aren't lying on a beach, are looking for someone, Gus is certainly available via phone and email, and if he really needs to be back here he can get on a plane. I'd rather have Gus relaxed for the end of the season than stressed because he's single handedly been searching for a player.

Or maybe he's found a nice prospect in Bermuda ;)

Or just fishing?

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
****** STRIKER :ffsparr:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's not just Gus though...

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
Surely Gus would have drawn up a list of potential strikers and club representatives will be trying to sign these while he is away !

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Gus would surely be a massive part of any new player being persuaded to join on loan. As with Vicente, Bridge etc.... I just feel his holidays can wait, but hey what do I know.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
:shrug:

Seems a strange thing to do??

Have you heard of these?

we121.jpg

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Another of today's fine examples of people not knowing what the hell they're talking about.

He may already have agreed terms with a player, you have no idea. None of us do. But one thing we all do know is that the man is bloody good at his job!

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Just changing the subject. I just think if I Had 7/8 days (Or games In Gus case) until the end of my working qtr to reach my targets and I decided to have a Jolly in Barbados my boss would hit the roof. Supposing for a sec we don't find a new striker.. will anyone question it then? I Have never said he's a bad manager I love the bloke

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Surely Gus would have drawn up a list of potential strikers and club representatives will be trying to sign these while he is away !
No no no, he should be personally visiting every ground in Europe, banging on the door, and asking (while out of breath) 'have you got any strikers you can loan us'? It's totally impractical for other employees to inquire via telephone calls.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He is only going for 'a few days' isn't he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here