Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1932 and all that

It’s always good to reflect on far and distant history, 1932 was an interesting year . Here are some of the events of 1932 - 81 years ago

• Franklin D Roosevelt replaces Herbert Hoover as USA president after a landslide victory
• The 10th Summer Olympics are held in Los Angeles
• Sydney Harbour Bridge opens
• Johnny Cash is born
• The BBC starts a regular service
• Bradman scores 299 not out vs South Africa
• Mahatma Gandhi goes on hunger strike
• Bradford Park Avenue finish 6th in the old English Division 2
• Cricketer Colin Cowdrey is born
• Al Capone is convicted for tax evasion
• Immigrant Adolf Hitler gains German citizenship
• Amelia Earhart becomes the first woman to make a solo air crossing of the Atlantic Ocean
• Crystal Palace record their last Football League double over Brighton & Hove Albion
• Albert Einstein is granted a USA visa
• Doggie film star Rin Tin Tin dies
• Alpha The Robot accidently shoots his maker at the Brighton Science Festival, The Dome.
Amazing stuff eh ?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I am proud of the fact that I knew what this thread was about before I opened it.

It is a lovely stat and nice to back up our current wonderfulness with a bit of history.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Albert the Robot shoots his maker? Wtf?

Sorry, Alpha.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
1932 was also the year my Mum was born! Sounds like a long time ago, doesn't it? She's an old lady with dementia now, but she wore mini-skirts, went topless in the South of France and smoked pot. She went on Ban The Bomb marches and was a Greenham Common woman. She loved The Beatles, Simply Red and Katie Melua. I remember giving her a basket of flowers on her 25th birthday and I can only reflect how very quickly our lives actually speed by.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=21798]TheMajor[/MENTION] - For both your last 'Palace Meltdown' thread and this welcome respite from the sheer crushing inevitability of the Gus threads, I salute you.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Was this also the year that Lord Bracknell gave up supporting Newport County and became a Brighton fan ???

[MENTION=21798]TheMajor[/MENTION] - For both your last 'Palace Meltdown' thread and this welcome respite from the sheer crushing inevitability of the Gus threads, I salute you.

I try. Well I've been told I'm very trying - is that the same thing?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
More chance in seeing Halley's Comet than a palace double over Brighton

Nice one Major

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Iraq granted independence from the United Kingdom
Granted 3 October 1932

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions