Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

poyet must go!

The guy is obviously not happy at the Albion and if he leaves or not this instability could cause a loss in promotion and a minimum of 130 million over 5 years and possibly over 300 million in 5 years.
We will never know the impact of his messing around tbf but it can't be helping,he has been a contributor to our rise in fortunes but a good chairman, stadium and fantastic support were also major factors.
Best scenario he does one, we get compensation and Adkins takes us up while Poyet plummets with Reading while their parachute payments get caught up and send them speeding to the ground level:blush:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So one of the other the massive threads on the subject wasn't enough then, you had to start your own?

Besides which there is nothing to suggest he is unhappy, in-fact there is nothing other than some betting markets and paper talk that say he's even spoken to them. Neither club have made a comment yet. Those betting markets currently suggest that Adkins odds for the Reading jobs are shortening while Gus' odds are lengthening, Gus is still slight favorite but it's changing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shouldn't we wait for a statement from Gus and the club before starting threads like this?

Disagree Rev, until Poyet actually makes a statement regarding this nobody knows what his feelings are.

I don't begrudge the man talking to anyone, if indeed he really has, he is "employed" by BHA and not emotionally attached in the way we are. If TB had denied Poyet the chance to at least see what they have to offer it would/possibly/maybe cause rifts, maybe TB just said to him go and have a look, if you think they are better suited then go.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The guy is obviously not happy at the Albion and if he leaves or not this instability could cause a loss in promotion and a minimum of 130 million over 5 years and possibly over 300 million in 5 years.
We will never know the impact of his messing around tbf but it can't be helping,he has been a contributor to our rise in fortunes but a good chairman, stadium and fantastic support were also major factors.
Best scenario he does one, we get compensation and Adkins takes us up while Poyet plummets with Reading while their parachute payments get caught up and send them speeding to the ground level:blush:

Not sure about the extent of Gus' unhappiness but I agree with everything else.

We have just 8 days to bring in a loan striker. If this drags on we have no chance of getting one.

Gus needs to stay or go quickly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

We have just 8 days to bring in a loan striker. If this drags on we have no chance of getting one.

I agree we need a quick decision but it will take a few more days at least I would have thought.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Wild extrapolation based on zero information? CHECK.
Emotional histrionics? CHECK
Unneccessarily wishing ill on a random other team? CHECK
Inventing numbers out of thin air? CHECK

Good work.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Disagree Rev, until Poyet actually makes a statement regarding this nobody knows what his feelings are.

I don't begrudge the man talking to anyone, if indeed he really has, he is "employed" by BHA and not emotionally attached in the way we are. If TB had denied Poyet the chance to at least see what they have to offer it would/possibly/maybe cause rifts, maybe TB just said to him go and have a look, if you think they are better suited then go.

This.

We do not actually know what is going on. Too much speculation, supposition and jumping to conclusions as per usual. Makes interesting reading though!

I think gus was a little pissed with his budget,would rather the stadium expansion money was put in the project poyet jar???

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
At the end of the day Gus will no doubt do what's best for him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Adkins? Wind up post. He is a failure. We'd have to sack him if we went up because he is not Premiership quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here