Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton emergency striker?

JamieMcGinlay

Nov 28, 2012
Forgetting about Gus Poyet and Reading for a minute

Does anyone else think we need to get a striker in to help our chances of getting playoffs?

Ulloa is good, but he cant do it all on his own.

are we aloud to bring a player in?

any ideas? :albion2:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Jason Roberts was talking about Gus earlier, I wasn't really paying any attention and only half caught what he was saying, but I can only assume it was how much he wanted to come and play for us? For eight games.

Benson

Jan 31, 2012
near water
There must be someone out there. What we need is an ex England international player who feels like one last harrah until he hangs up his boots at the end of the season. I can't think of anyone who fits the bill though ( Kev 'the meercat' Phillips doesn't count!).

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
There must be someone out there. What we need is an ex England international player who feels like one last harrah until he hangs up his boots at the end of the season. I can't think of anyone who fits the bill though ( Kev 'the meercat' Phillips doesn't count!).

Michael someone??

Ahh Michael Ricketts that's the one! Errrr legend....

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Are you for real or just another Palace Oik on a wind up.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Forgetting about Gus Poyet and Reading for a minute

Does anyone else think we need to get a striker in to help our chances of getting playoffs?

Ulloa is good, but he cant do it all on his own.

are we aloud to bring a player in?

any ideas? :albion2:

Congratulations on raising the £260 in the 1/2 marathon.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I said it on another thread and i think it might be worth a cheeky phone call to west brom to ask about odemwingie. After his latest antics i can't see him lasting long there and they might want him out of the club ASAP. If not, i've heard that DJ Campbell could be on his way back to QPR with Blackburn cancelling his loan deal. The other one i would look at (and it would be a great 'two fingers' up at our friends from croydon) is Andy Johnson. Doesn't get a game there and would suit us quite nicely. Scores goals, small, quick, poacher.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
I said it on another thread and i think it might be worth a cheeky phone call to west brom to ask about odemwingie. After his latest antics i can't see him lasting long there and they might want him out of the club ASAP. If not, i've heard that DJ Campbell could be on his way back to QPR with Blackburn cancelling his loan deal. The other one i would look at (and it would be a great 'two fingers' up at our friends from croydon) is Andy Johnson. Doesn't get a game there and would suit us quite nicely. Scores goals, small, quick, poacher.

Like your thinking. Odemwingie wouldn't be an Impossible move either.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
I like the idea of odem-thingy as well, I think he has one more year left on his contract. His wages are being paid while he is not playing, even if West Brom payed most of his wages while he was with us, if he is scoring goals it can only enhance his value and the return to the club when sold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here