Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Swear Filter on NSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It has been put in place for VERY good reason, and in light of recent happenings certain words have been added, can EVERYONE PLEASE not navigate around it by using differant symbols such as ( < @ & etc etc.

Infractions are and will be issued, and please can I remind you that 3 infractions no matter what the value, WILL result in at LEAST a 3 day ban, quite probably more!

I am only posting this in order to assist and help everyone.

Thanks

Tony

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It has been put in place for VERY good reason, and in light of recent happenings certain words have been added, can EVERYONE PLEASE not navigate around it by using differant symbols such as ( < @ & etc etc.

Infractions are and will be issued, and please can I remind you that 3 infractions no matter what the value, WILL result in at LEAST a 3 day ban, quite probably more!

I am only posting this in order to assist and help everyone.

Thanks

Tony

Your always helpful uncle tony...Is it true that Reading is now one of those words

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Does Google take exception to people using @ ( and other symbols as replacement for letters? Or rearranging some of the letters in the C word?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does Google take exception to people using @ ( and other symbols as replacement for letters? Or rearranging some of the letters in the C word?

I have no idea so I'd prefer people tried to express themselves in other methods. You ****.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
can EVERYONE PLEASE not navigate around it by using differant symbols such as ( < @ & etc etc.

I assume you mean specifically to make it appear as a letter, such as @ for 'a', as opposed to just replacing letters with symbols, because, technically, that would include *s, so it wouldn't be clear who was breaking that rule by posting 4*s and who had their swear word filtered to 4*s.

I'm tired and being a little pedantic, I suppose...

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I assume you mean specifically to make it appear as a letter, such as @ for 'a', as opposed to just replacing letters with symbols, because, technically, that would include *s, so it wouldn't be clear who was breaking that rule by posting 4*s and who had their swear word filtered to 4*s.

I'm tired and being a little pedantic, I suppose...

Get some sleep then.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd prefer people didn't try and test out what is and isn't being filtered because, for every word that 'misses' the filter we have a potential problem to deal with.

That said, the filter does work retrospectively, so maybe it's best to get them all out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here