Gus Poyet will NOT go to Reading

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
PHEW, I'm pleased you put that to rest.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
if Gus goes he has failed and has found his level,championship at best-he won't go,trust me too!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
thats actually a very simple but very good post

I'll put my NSC future on it,i said i would never post here again if we did not take maximum point's from Palace (risky) but it paid off,and here i am..............This ***GoldwithFalmer will never post on NSC*** if Gus goes to Reading..

Y Ddraig Goch

Sep 28, 2011
When Bolton came knocking for Dougie we all thought "not a chance". Why would he? We got that one massively wrong its all about the ££££

The only thing that's certain once permission is given is that nothing is certain.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
When Bolton came knocking for Dougie we all thought "not a chance". Why would he? We got that one massively wrong its all about the ££££

The only thing that's certain once permission is given is that nothing is certain.

Agree money will be the deciding factor me thinks

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008

Allegedly, according to the Neanderthals at BBS, there was more to it than money. Such as Zaha being sold in January and only any profit over £8 million being given to Dougie to bring in new players. Various other issues with the board at the time also.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I don't trust you as far as I can throw you but I do agree with you, I mean come this is Reading we are talking about.

Y Ddraig Goch

Sep 28, 2011
The scenarios are completely different though.

Dougie had (or at least we thought he had) a far bigger connection with the club than Poyet has with you.

Allegedly, according to the Neanderthals at BBS, there was more to it than money. Such as Zaha being sold in January and only any profit over £8 million being given to Dougie to bring in new players. Various other issues with the board at the time also.

True, but Dougie would still have had a tidy war chest certainly more than any Palace Manager for a good few years. There was friction about style of play - allegedly but I wouldn't have thought anything worse than goes on at clubs across the country

I find the scenarios similar, we had a small but vocal element of support who wanted him gone and looking on here over the past few weeks it seems the same on here. In fact take away the club colours and remove the managers names the boards are pretty much the same!!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Reading ask permission to speak to Gus. Club think "Reading? Why the hell would he go there? Er, ok." Reading announce that they have been given permission to speak to Gus. Bookies think "Hang on, we don't want to lose any money here. Suspend betting." Hacks think, "betting suspended? There's a story here that is easy to write. Stick it out on the wires. Gus could be off to Reading." Gus thinks, "did I pack that holiday read. Hang on, what's this on the back page of the paper?" NSC goes into meltdown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here