Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Players Give Dan Boost

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
First team players have supported Dan Lawson in his world record attempt.Albion’s Gordon Greer, Will Buckley, Gary Dicker, Ashley Barnes and Marcos Painter came down to Jubilee Square, Brioghton to support AITC’s Dan Lawson yesterday as he continued his world record attempt; to beat the longest distance run on a treadmill in a week – 520 miles!
The players quizzed Dan on his food intake; in particular what he was eating to compensate for burning nearly 10,000 calories a day.
Buckley was clearly impressed and told seagulls.co.uk, “We’re all still buzzing from beating Palace and it was great to see Dan today.* What he is attempting is nothing short of incredible and he has our full support. It would be great for as many Albion fans as possible to pop in and see him.”
Will and Gary Dicker both walked alongside Dan for a few minutes and the visit was a real shot in the arm for the potential record breaker.
Dan admitted, “Yesterday was really hard but having a laugh with the players gave me such a lift. I really appreciate their support.
“I have to say thank you to everyone who has sent messages of support via Twitter and Facebook. You can’t underestimate how much of a boost it gives me.”
The 40-year-old was up to 322 miles at midday today and is still on course to beat Sharon Gayter’s record on Friday afternoon.
Meanwhile Albion chairman Tony Bloom will be supporting Dan on the Friday evening as he reaches the finish.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here