Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The " I am so confident Poyet would not leave us for Reading that i will never post on NSC

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The " I am so confident Poyet would not leave us for Reading that i will never post on NSC

ever again................

Me for one, who else? Come on you pussies!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The only thing that I think will temp him is an insane budget and guarantees that him and Tanno will have full control no meddling.

We are restricted more by fair play, managing budgets, the Reading owners may have untold riches and ways to attract top players we don't.

Bar that I agree, why would he want a job where they have already sacked a championship proven manager.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
ever again................

Me for one, who else?
Resident pedant here. You realise there's no 'if' in this deal. You lot are just agreeing never to post here again, regardless of what happens.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Resident pedant here. You realise there's no 'if' in this deal. You lot are just agreeing never to post here again, regardless of what happens.

Yes i know............epic fail. Having said that everyone seems to get the gist of the thread!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He is now in the Caribbean until sunday so no-one can contact him ... He has yet to meet Reading which looks likely on Monday

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
I'm surprised by this confidence you reckon he will stay. We may be heading in different directions at the moment, but in the long-term, I'm struggling to see how Brighton would be a better proposition. Money talks nowadays I'm afraid.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I'm surprised by this confidence you reckon he will stay. We may be heading in different directions at the moment, but in the long-term, I'm struggling to see how Brighton would be a better proposition. Money talks nowadays I'm afraid.

I'm struggling to think how you think that.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I would say in the long term, with FFP coming in, we will have a bigger budget than you. Bigger crowds = bigger turnover = bigger budget. The owners wealth will cease to be as relevant.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The " I am so confident Poyet would not leave us for Reading that i will neve...

Are you a bigger club than wolves?

Gus wasn't interested on going there last season when mick McCarthy got the boot so if he turned them down I doubt he'd take the job at reading tbh.

As for the money, we will be in the big boys league soon enough and with stadium capacity being 30750 next season along with new record shirt sponsorship money isn't an as short a supply compared to many in this league.

Gus has also been heavily involved in our new training/academy facilities currently under construction.

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
A lot of what you are saying is based on yourselves getting promoted, which I'm not saying is unlikely, but is a massive ask. If we are both in the same division next year, which looks the most probable thing to happen, we would be the more attractive club on paper. As I mentioned in another thread, I can't see many players leaving so the basis of our squad will still be there. The parachute payments would work in our favour financially. I'm not saying Brighton is in a bad position as it clearly isn't, in fact the very opposite. All I'm saying is that if we are both in the same division next season, we would be a more attractive side to manage.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The " I am so confident Poyet would not leave us for Reading that i will neve...

A lot of what you are saying is based on yourselves getting promoted, which I'm not saying is unlikely, but is a massive ask. If we are both in the same division next year, which looks the most probable thing to happen, we would be the more attractive club on paper. As I mentioned in another thread, I can't see many players leaving so the basis of our squad will still be there. The parachute payments would work in our favour financially. I'm not saying Brighton is in a bad position as it clearly isn't, in fact the very opposite. All I'm saying is that if we are both in the same division next season, we would be a more attractive side to manage.

That's what wolves fans said last season. Gus (so far) has said he will only leave for a special job or special club. If wolves wasn't special enough then I'm afraid reading aren't .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Could be a conundrum if Uncle Spielberg posts on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here