Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Urgent please help stop my photographer and his wife being deported

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
My staff photographer Craig Colville is a good friend. He was born in Wales to a Welsh mother and English father. He grew up in Wales, did an economics degree in Wales and now lives in England. Last year he married his Canadian sweetheart Crystal and they are settled in Chester.
But when Crystal tried to update her visa to married status she was told by the Home Secretary Theresa May that Craig is NOT a British citizen. It was an obvious bureacratic blunder, but rather than correct it they timed out the couple's appeal and they have now been told to leave the country.
Please join the facebook group Support the Colvilles as we try to put pressure on the Home Secretary.
Needless to say Craig and Crystal are going through a nightmare at the moment and as Craig says: "Where will they deport me to?"
Full details on facebook.
Thanks
OTLW

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Welsh Cleansing? Better late than never.

I am not serious about that. But I don't see what joining a Facebook group would do.

D_B

Mar 18, 2013
So you can stumble through the Channel Tunnel, claim that if you go back home you'll get killed and you get a house and benefits.

You marry someone from another country and they want you out, even though you've lived in Britain all/most your life.

Unreal.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
I'm sorry but....
1) Right now we are all eagerly waiting news about a possible loss of our football teams' Manager.
2) If this country is willing to bring a girl over from Afghanistan, pay for expensive surgery, house & now school her after she was shot by the Taliban, the put her up for a Nobel Piece Prize I reckon there is little chance that me joining a group on Facebook would stop a Welshmen being deported to 'wherever'.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Not sure I believe this. You're saying even I could be deported due to a bureaucratic error even though both my parents are British. Where to Scotland?

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
My staff photographer Craig Colville is a good friend. He was born in Wales to a Welsh mother and English father. He grew up in Wales, did an economics degree in Wales and now lives in England. Last year he married his Canadian sweetheart Crystal and they are settled in Chester.
But when Crystal tried to update her visa to married status she was told by the Home Secretary Theresa May that Craig is NOT a British citizen. It was an obvious bureacratic blunder, but rather than correct it they timed out the couple's appeal and they have now been told to leave the country.
Please join the facebook group Support the Colvilles as we try to put pressure on the Home Secretary.
Needless to say Craig and Crystal are going through a nightmare at the moment and as Craig says: "Where will they deport me to?"
Full details on facebook.
Thanks
OTLW

as Craig says: "Where will they deport me to?"

Back to fecking wales,still havn`t forgiven the sheepshaggers for saturday [/B]

Seriously this countries gone ****ing mental

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Thank you guys. I have been a supporter of the Albion since 1967. I have been a member of North Stand chat since 2001 and of the new incarnation since 2003. I helped in the dark days between 1996 and 2006. I simply asked for some help for a very good (best) friend who is as British as you and me and BTW is an Everton supporter. But the shit posted in response shows NSC belongs to those now own it (sorry Darren). Maybe the JCLs have finally owned the site! Sad. BTW I AM a newspaper editor (my first work experience was with John Vinicombe) and Craig is a newspaper photographer! We need help.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Get an e-petition going on the Govt website? Might have more impact than a Facebook page. Once done, post a link and and ask for signatures.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Why would they go through all the expense of deporting him (and god knows where to) when it's a bureaucratic error?

Are you sure he hasn't just had an automatic letter asking him to leave, which is no doubt signed by Theresa May to scare people, which he can and no doubt will respond to once you've all stopped panicking.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thank you guys. I have been a supporter of the Albion since 1967. I have been a member of North Stand chat since 2001 and of the new incarnation since 2003. I helped in the dark days between 1996 and 2006. I simply asked for some help for a very good (best) friend who is as British as you and me and BTW is an Everton supporter. But the shit posted in response shows NSC belongs to those now own it (sorry Darren). Maybe the JCLs have finally owned the site! Sad. BTW I AM a newspaper editor (my first work experience was with John Vinicombe) and Craig is a newspaper photographer! We need help.
Blimey, lighten up a smidge, what did you expect?

Would Crystal be staying?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I hate to say it ( and I'm no JCL ) BUT if you do a Google search then nothing, yes NOTHING, comes up linked to this. There's hardly been a hard hitting campaign has there ?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I don't really understand the legalities behind this sort of thing, but can't he get a high court injunction until this is sorted out?

Also, not everyone on the Internet is on FaceBook!

Finally, as you are an editor why haven't you alerted the National Papers to this injustice?

I'm sure it will all be sorted out, you hear of this government bungling every so often.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Maybe the JCLs have finally owned the site! Sad.

We've all been supporting the Albion for years but without the JCL's (hate that term, not everyone could afford to follow the club to every game as youngsters but were still supporters none the less) we wouldn't be filling our beautiful stadium.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Millions of people in the UK don't have a Facebook account , an e-petition would be a good alternative.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
As they have ever only been able to deport a fraction of the real illegal immigrants, he and his new wife are in no bother at all. He should apply for a new house and some living expenses.
Or he could send Teresa a photocopy of his Passport, with a sarcastic note attached. :sheep:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

Sorry but blaming NSC is a bit harsh, did you really expect to post a thread like you have when it looks like Gus might be on the move, and get the full attention of everyone? and as you are a newspaper editor, why are you not using that influence to help your friends cause?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Supposed newspaper editor whose only response to this supposed (clearly bullshit or soon-to-be-fixed) error is to start a f***ing Facebook campaign. That there tells you everything that is wrong with this country today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here