Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Charlie part of 'Team Poyet' now?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With Charlie Oatway being very much part of the fabric of the Albion, will he still be with us post-Poyet?

When the time comes, do you think Gus will want to take Charlie with him to his next job?

Would Charlie want to go, given there's always a risk at staying put in that a new manager may well want to build his own backroom team?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Depends where Gus goes and if he can do better than Charlie. Think he will stay at BHA and either help the new manager or be part of the AITC team.

Dec 29, 2011
He's settled down here, don't see why he'd want to leave especially if Gus chose to leave rather than Gus being sacked.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Given that TB is unashamedly mimicking the Swansea model, I can see him pushing for the majority of backroom staff to stay in place when a new boss comes in, and to make this a condition of the appointment. Admittedly, wherever Gus goes, Tanno will go, but if TB assures Charlie of a continued role (should he decide to), I'd have thought he'd choose to stay put.

Still hoping this remains an entirely theoretical discussion for a long time yet.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didn't consider that.

Don't be - I know nothing and am just genuinely interested.

Is this still the case pls? I'm worried now too...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I don't think for one moment that Gus would take Charlie with him if he left us.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
With Charlie Oatway being very much part of the fabric of the Albion, will he still be with us post-Poyet?

When the time comes, do you think Gus will want to take Charlie with him to his next job?

Would Charlie want to go, given there's always a risk at staying put in that a new manager may well want to build his own backroom team?

Tanno off with Gustavo along with a couple of our best prospects. Oat way will stay I imagine.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013

Is this the thread that started the betting frenzy which made Gus favourite to go to Reading

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
If Poyet did go and the new man wanted to bring in his own staff Charlie's loyalty would count for nothing and he would be out, so I guess if GP does go and wants Tanno and Charlie then they will most likely go!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here