Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Staplefield Cricket Club - cricketers needed

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Mid Sussex league 2 and also Sunday friendlies, have the best location anywhere in Sussex (basically 2 pubs on the village green) real laid back approach to cricket, played in the right spirit which is village cricket. All abilities are welcome along.
PM if interested.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Often sit outside the Victory in Staplefield with the Wife after taking the dogs for a walk around Nymans Woods. Beautiful spot. I'm too old to play now though.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Often sit outside the Victory in Staplefield with the Wife after taking the dogs for a walk around Nymans Woods. Beautiful spot. I'm too old to play now though.

When the sun is shining, there is know where better.
(and your never too old!!)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I used to own The Victory. Just thought I'd mention it..carry on.

In The Rough

Mar 20, 2007
Between The Sticks
Anyone who is thinking about this but is undecided, I would thoroughly recommend giving it a go. I have had the good fortune to play against these guys on several occasions and one of the friendliest clubs I have come up against! Excellent location, excellent teas and excellent hospitality in the bars afterwards!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Anyone who is thinking about this but is undecided, I would thoroughly recommend giving it a go. I have had the good fortune to play against these guys on several occasions and one of the friendliest clubs I have come up against! Excellent location, excellent teas and excellent hospitality in the bars afterwards!

thank you sir, you too far away to give it a go?
Who do you play for?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
I love cricket. Haven't played since school though (15+years) so I've no idea what I'd be like now. Couldn't play every weekend as I work shifts but I'd be up for giving it a go. How desperate are you???

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I love cricket. Haven't played since school though (15+years) so I've no idea what I'd be like now. Couldn't play every weekend as I work shifts but I'd be up for giving it a go. How desperate are you???

We need players, not desperate desperate, but new blood is always good, are you local to Staplefield?

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Scored a 50 on that village green back in July 1990
But some chap called Barker whacked a ton so we lost ....

that would be Steve Barker, still plays about 5 or 6 games a season now, extrodinary player bearing in mind he is 60 odd. Still averages about 40 for the season now. his son Tom is an opening bowler, bit nippy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here