Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On pitch discipline. Impressive stats for our Spanish contingent

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Someone on the argus site asked the question, "how many yellow cards have our Spanish players collected this season?", so I looked up the stats.

Calderon 2 yellows in 23 games
Lopez 4 in 29
Orlandi 2 in 30
Bruno 3 in 29
Vicente 1 in 9
Ulloa 1 in 11

(Total 13 in 131)

He's raised a very good point. Those are very impressive figures. the discipline of those players should be a great example to the others.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spanish Dave is on 4 yellows :ohmy:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

What of it? Its mathematically impossible for ANY of them to get a totting-up ban this season. The current limit is 10, but there are not enough matches before that cut-off date for any of them to reach it. The final limit is 15 and none of them can reach that.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

We are well past the 5 yellow card cut off. I am pretty certain its 5 bookings before Dec 31st mean a 1 game ban, after that it's 10 bookings by 10th April. If I am correct then there is nothing to worry about as we've only got 3 games between now and the cut off date.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
How does it compare to the non-spanish players though? Barnes and Bridcutt have always been heavy on bookings but are any of the other non-spanish players any less card-light than their iberian team mates?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
We are well past the 5 yellow card cut off. I am pretty certain its 5 bookings before Dec 31st mean a 1 game ban, after that it's 10 bookings by 10th April. If I am correct then there is nothing to worry about as we've only got 3 games between now and the cut off date.

Unless he tries to trip the ref of course :smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yay :rave:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Someone on the argus site asked the question, "how many yellow cards have our Spanish players collected this season?", so I looked up the stats.

Calderon 2 yellows in 23 games
Lopez 4 in 29
Orlandi 2 in 30
Bruno 3 in 29
Vicente 1 in 9
Ulloa 1 in 11

(Total 13 in 131)

He's raised a very good point. Those are very impressive figures. the discipline of those players should be a great example to the others.

Did you get your stats from the Albion website?

It says Spanish Dave has received two yellows, not four.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Soccerbase have him on 4 yellows, however 2 of them were in games for Huesca, they've got him mixed up with David Lopez Silva. I am pretty certain Spanish Dave only has 2.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Soccerbase have him on 4 yellows, however 2 of them were in games for Huesca, they've got him mixed up with David Lopez Silva. I am pretty certain Spanish Dave only has 2.

Aye. From soccerbase. So actually it's a total of just 11 yellows in 130 odd games. Great suff.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All this means is that they don't get stuck in enough with wild mis-timed tackles. Lack of passion blah blah blah etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here