Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I can see the Spanish Len shirt easily going in to 4 figures. Imagine owning a piece of history.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
May have missed it, but when did the offical BHAFC ebay start? i.e. is it a 'barber' thang?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Crazy!!!!!!!

A colleague of mine spent less on a signed, authenticated Messi shirt, and less on a similar Ronaldo shirt!

2 things:

1. Signed shirts of top players like Messi and CR are done at organised private signing sessions. The dealers buy say 1000 Barca shirts, direct from wholesalers, then set up a signing session with Messis agent, for a considerable sum. The shirts get signed, they get a certificate of authenticity, and hey ho, the dealer has 1000 shirts, that he sells for the best price he can get, and they're not even match shirts.

2. Messi and Ronaldo shirts are probably at the moment the biggest fake markets out there, so very easy to get conned, and so difficult to know for sure.

May have missed it, but when did the offical BHAFC ebay start? i.e. is it a 'barber' thang?

No, been doing it for some time, certainly a few back when we were at Withdean, but since we've been at the Amex there have been quite a few quite frequently.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
2 things:

No, been doing it for some time, certainly a few back when we were at Withdean, but since we've been at the Amex there have been quite a few quite frequently.

Yeah I realise they were doing the odd thing every now and then, but never seemed to do match shirts every week, I wondered if perhaps this is another stream Barber wants to exploit (in a good way). Good thing to do though, i also wonder were the funds go, are they charitable?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Yeah I realise they were doing the odd thing every now and then, but never seemed to do match shirts every week, I wondered if perhaps this is another stream Barber wants to exploit (in a good way). Good thing to do though, i also wonder were the funds go, are they charitable?

I believe that AITC benefit from the sale.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I can't imagine being wealthy enough to spunk nearly ONE THOUSAND POUNDS on a football shirt.

Why not? People spend large amounts of money on many things, gold, diamonds, footballers, guitars, Cheany shoes, Church's shoes, designer clothes, Rolex watches etc. etc.. All those things are available very similar, but more cheaply, but don't have the rarity value.

An antique or collectible is only worth so much money because there are so few of them, my wife sold a nutmeg grater for a client recently for over £3k, it had been weighed and had been given a scrap silver value of a few pounds until it was identified for what it was.

Leo's shirt is the ONLY shirt (well one of 2 issued) he wore when the Albion demolished Palace. To a nutmeg grater collector who also supports Brighton, it's worth that and more.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Why not? People spend large amounts of money on many things, gold, diamonds, footballers, guitars, Cheany shoes, Church's shoes, designer clothes, Rolex watches etc. etc.. All those things are available very similar, but more cheaply, but don't have the rarity value.

An antique or collectible is only worth so much money because there are so few of them, my wife sold a nutmeg grater for a client recently for over £3k, it had been weighed and had been given a scrap silver value of a few pounds until it was identified for what it was.

Leo's shirt is the ONLY shirt (well one of 2 issued) he wore when the Albion demolished Palace. To a nutmeg grater collector who also supports Brighton, it's worth that and more.

are you the highest bidder by any chance :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
are you the highest bidder by any chance :lolol:

Ha ha, no, way too steep for my pockets. I collect, but on a budget, I'd struggle to think what shirt I wood consider spending that much on. I almost went shit or bust on the Wardy shirt 3 years ago, but decided on a holiday instead! Besides, I've got nutmeg graters to think about !

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Whilst waaaaay too much for me, I think it's a reasonable price for a keen fan/collector to pay (so far!). You really don't get much for a grand these days, and to own a rather satisfying piece from a HUGELY enjoyable day would be fantastic if you have a bit of spare cash. *Checks lottery ticket......bugger!*

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Just imagine if the wife gets hold of it by mistake, puts it through the wash and the signature gets washed off......

Having spent £ 860 you'd be gutted. Must be the most expensive piece of Polyester ever sold.

I'm sure I could knock up a fake COA on Word for a fraction of the price. Still there's one born every minute, as they say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here