Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watch and enjoy Bridge [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Watch and enjoy Bridge[/h]9:30am Wednesday 20th March 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2376116.jpg
Wayne Bridge is on loan with Albion until the end of the season
Gus Poyet has urged Albion fans to make the most of watching Wayne Bridge.
The former England left-back was outstanding again on his return from hamstring trouble in the 3-0 derby win against Crystal Palace at The Amex on Sunday.
Bridge, on loan for the season from Manchester City, kept quiet the threat posed by Palace’s dangerous wingers Yannick Bolasie in the first half and Wilfried Zaha after the break.
Bridge’s future beyond the end of the season is up in the air but his consistent excellence for the Seagulls is, boss Poyet says, another reminder of how far the club has come.
Poyet said: “Sometimes I need people to stop me, calm down, look back a little bit, relax and look back three years ago at where we were, the kind of football we were playing, the players who were at this football club and that are here now.
“If, three-and-a-half years ago you had said to me Wayne Bridge was going to be playing for Brighton I’d have said, yeah funny, but he is.
“He was unlucky Leo Ulloa scored two, because if not he was man of the match. “They make a difference, because they are from another level, and you have to enjoy that, because you don’t know how long it will last.”
The magnitude of the triumph over Palace was emphasised when Poyet returned pitchside long after the final whistle.
He said: “I went back to watch the goals again and there were people still watching. That is how much it means for everybody.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here